Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers stand alone wants to boot off network Post 45200 by jsilva on Tuesday 16th of December 2003 03:25:14 PM
Old 12-16-2003
Hi,

Are you sure the installation succedded ?

First, enter OB with Stop+A, and see if you can boot with "boot disk", if you don't, replace disk with your boot device and see if it boots... if you still can't, you have to check your boot-file and boot device settings...

If you don't know OB, start here... http://www.marchansen.com/tn105/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No stand-by, keep on

How do you or what is the setup to keep the (server) up from shutting down? It is not server yet but it might very likely become to serve few clients. But, once I get in in the morning its off. It's Sparc, Solaris 8 and I would like to keep it running over night but once it is not attended it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: softarch
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Disable Network cards under boot Prom

Hi, I'm looking for a command to be able to disable a network card under the boot PROM. I need it to force my Jumpstart to use the Ethernet card of my server (V880) instead of my fiber card (gem0). Thanks, Fabien (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
6 Replies

3. Programming

How to under stand the C code

#include <stdio.h> main(t,_,a) char *a; {return!0<t?t<3?main(-79,-13,a+main(-87,1-_, main(-86, 0, a+1 )+a)):1,t<_?main(t+1, _, a ):3,main ( -94, -27+t, a )&&t == 2 ?_<13 ?main ( 2, _+1, "%s %d %d\n" ):9:16:t<0?t<-72?main(_,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain_full
4 Replies

4. Solaris

One time network boot of Jumpstart x86 client

I am trying to find an approach that has been effective for automating the installation of Solaris 10 x86 using Jumpstart technology. I have configured an Jumpstart server and a Solaris dhcp server with appropriate macros for passing the client information about its boot environment. The problem is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chajo19
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Fail to up network interface after system boot

Hi! I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 with Solaris 10 and it unable to up network interface after boot, but after issuing ifconfig interface begins to work... svcs -xv says that service svc:/network/physical:default is failed to start and service log stores something like "service method... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

6. SuSE

reboot and boot from network

Hello, Does any one know any command which reboot the system and select as boot device the network. I give bootnet to many servers at once and i want to avoid opening ILOM and select as boot device the network. Can i do it by just executing a command? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xend kills network connectivity on boot

red hat 5 update 4 64bit. linux newby. on an interactive boot i can ping -t my vm linux server from my physical MS XP workstation and a vm W2000 64 bit server until xend is started, after that i get destination unreachable. if i choose not to start xend on the interactive boot i retain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slartibartfast9
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network monitoring at boot level.

Whenever i start my server it takes app 2 minutes to get into network (After starting the network service on boot). I inquire the network guys for possible causes but they say it will need both side monitoring . One is switch side and the second is server side. I m not sure how do i check... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does the -z expression stand for?

What does - z and {} means if ; then echo "ERROR: \$ARBORDBU environment variable is not set\n" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
8 Replies

10. IP Networking

Network stand still

**this was posted in another forum I suspect wrong one moved here **:confused: Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
4 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)