Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I integrate workstation and server passwords Post 4519 by dporter on Wednesday 25th of July 2001 01:55:12 PM
Old 07-25-2001
Question How do I integrate workstation and server passwords

I recently started supporting a CAD group at my work.
The users want one user name and password regardless of what workstation they work on. They have 4 Solaris, 2 Irixs, and 1 Ultrix workstation and 1 Linux server.

How do I set up a relationship between the WS and the server so they can sign onto any WS with the same username and password?

Thanks,

David

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Server and Workstation benchmarking

This is from my server AMD K6 133MHz 64Mb RAM 4GB HDD (Maxtor - ATA33) 2x10Mb NIC 1Mb Intel Graphic Card BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- FreeBSD sergiu.tarnita.net 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE #2: Thu Mar 17 15:49:16 EET 2005... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
0 Replies

2. Solaris

how do I make my workstation an installation server for a remote server?.

Is there a way I can make my Sun workstation as a installation server for a remote server?. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

pass an xpdf display from red hat server to windows ssh workstation

I have a UniVerse database running on a Red Hat EL3 server. If I am on the server console my software can call xpdf giving the name of a target file and it displays very nicely on the console. I have not been able to figure out how to get the display to happen on any of the Windows XP workstations.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dale kelley
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When did UNIX start using encrypted passwords, and not displaying passwords when you type them in?

I've been using various versions of UNIX and Linux since 1993, and I've never run across one that showed your password as you type it in when you log in, or one that stored passwords in plain text rather than encrypted. I'm writing a script for work for a security audit, and two of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 7.1 integrate AD with winbind

I have joined an AIX 7.1 into a 2012 AD domain sucesfully. I can get ouput from wbinfo -u but when I try to access a share I get the following error : check_ntlm_password: Authentication for user -> FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER I have found that I'm missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxtnog
0 Replies
ftpgroups(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      ftpgroups(4)

NAME
ftpgroups - group password file for use with the SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS commands. SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file is the group password file for use with the SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS commands. To enable the use of this file, the entry must be made in the configuration file This file contains an alphanumeric string, encrypted password, and the actual group name from the file. Each entry is separated by After a user logs in, the SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS commands may be used to specify an enhanced access group and associated password. If the group name and password are valid, the user becomes (via a member of the group specified in the group access file, The format of the group access file is: where access_group_name is an arbitrary (alphanumeric and/or punctuation) string. encrypted_password is the password encrypted via crypt(3), exactly like in real_group_name is the name of a valid group listed in NOTE: For this option to work for anonymous FTP users, the ftp server must keep permanently open and the group access file is loaded into memory. This means that: (1) the ftp server now has an additional file descriptor open, and (2) the necessary passwords and access privileges granted to users via SITE GROUP will be static for the duration of an FTP ses- sion. If you have an urgent need to change the access groups and/or passwords *NOW*, then kill all of the running FTP servers. FILES
AUTHOR
was developed by the Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri. SEE ALSO
ftpaccess(4). ftpgroups(4)