Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apt-get and red hat
Operating Systems Linux apt-get and red hat Post 45133 by PxT on Monday 15th of December 2003 02:51:10 PM
Old 12-15-2003
The kernel is a package just like any other. You can use 'apt-get install kernel-package-name' to install a specific package, or 'apt-get upgrade' to upgrade your currently installed packages -- that should include the kernel if there are updates available.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Colors in Red Hat

I want to turn off all colors schemes when I log onto my RedHat system. I have copied the dir_colors file to my home directory and modified that to turn colors off but it doesnt appear to be working.(sourced the file from within my .profile). Also, I do not want the colors in my vi sessions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Red Hat 9.0 Upgrade

I just upgraded my RedHat 8.0 system to 9.0. The upgrade included a new kernel and several package updates. I upgraded by simply inserting installation CD and rebooted, selected upgrade system option. When I rebooted after the install I get the following message: INIT:Id "x" respawning too fast:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
6 Replies

4. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

6. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
APT-BUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						      APT-BUILD(1)

NAME
apt-build - Fetch sources and build packages optimized for your architecture. SYNOPSIS
apt-build [ options ] [ update ] [ upgrade ] [ world ] [ install pkg ] [ remove pkg ] [ info pkg ] DESCRIPTION
apt-build is an apt-get frontend to build and install architecture optimized packages. COMMANDS
update Retrieve new lists of packages upgrade Perform an upgrade world Rebuild your system install Build and install new packages source Download and extract source in the build directory info Info on a package which could be built remove Remove packages clean-build Erase built packages clean-sources Call debian/rules clean in source directories build-source Build source without installing them update-source Update sources and rebuild them if they are missing in the repository build-repository Rebuild the repository OPTIONS
--help Shows help --nowrapper Do not use the gcc wrapper --remove-builddep Remove build-dependencies installed by apt-build --no-source Don't download source --build-dir Specify build-dir --build-only Build package only --rebuild Rebuild a package --reinstall Build and install an already installed package --build-command <command> Use this command to build package --patch <file> Apply this patch before build (you can use this option one or several times) --patch-strip, -p <number> Prefix to strip on patch (0 = -p0, 1 = -p1 ...) --yes, -y Assume yes --purge Use purge instead of remove --noupdate Do not run 'apt-get update' before package installation --sources-list Specify sources.list file --apt-get Specify an alternative apt-get command --apt-cache Specify an alternative apt-cache command --force-yes Force yes --source Do not download source (sources are extracted already) --repository-dir Specify the repository directory --target-release Distribution to fetch packages from --config Specify an alternative configuration file --version, -v Show version BUGS
Many. AUTHOR
apt-build was written by Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org> with many contributors. 3rd Berkeley Distribution November 2003 APT-BUILD(1)