Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD How is Darwin as a base For a Server Post 45088 by RedVenim on Monday 15th of December 2003 05:41:25 AM
Old 12-15-2003
How is Darwin as a base For a Server

Does anyone have any Benchmarks for OS X Server in DB Serving.
in comparison to Linux

How bout Darwin?
And How bout Darwin as a Base for a Server?
How bout Ease of Environment Crossplatforms and Various Implementations?
And Finally how bout Develoment?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses/Darwin

I am using Darwin on Mac OS X.I.I (new to both Unix and C++). I downloaded the ncurses library from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/ncurses-5.2.tgz, but I don't know what to do with it now. Stuffit has expanded the archive, but I still have the original .tgz as well (if that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmenides
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

3. BSD

Darwin via PearPC

How can I send Ctrl+Alt+Del for Darwin running in PearPC for Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to build as web base File Server

Hi folks, Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64 apache2-2.2.3 postfix-2.3.8 mysql Ver 14.12 SquirrelMail version 1.4.11 I have a running Mail Server. I need to make it as a file server, in addition, allowing users who have accounts (Linux/shell) on the Mail Server to upload/download their files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solstice 6.0.3 - Server is disabled Install base enabler

hi people, I receive this message in the nwadmin: Registration info event: Server is disabled Install base enabler License enabler: #none (Networker/10 Eval) has expired. What happened? Please help me... Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: denisgomes
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Darwin ports

Hi there. I have an MacBookPro and I want to install Darwin ports. I downloaded & installed MacPorts-1.7.0.pkg and now I don't know what to do. I tried: # port -d selfupdate .... error 1 Command output: checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.7.0 checking host system type...... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirohitosan
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create file base on server time

Hi Guys, Server time:- >date >Wed Nov 14 11:56:23 EST 2012 I want to convert in to Below Formet :- 20121114.1100 And cretae file base on above data : last 48 Hour 20121114.1000 20121114.1100 20121114.0900 20121114.1000 20121114.0800 20121114.0900 20121114.0700 20121114.0800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies
CALDAVD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						CALDAVD(8)

NAME
caldavd -- Darwin Calendar Server Control Interface SYNOPSIS
caldavd [-hX] [-hL] [-u username] [-g groupname] [-T twistd] [-f caldavd.plist] DESCRIPTION
caldavd is a front end to the Darwin Calendar Server. The Darwin Calendar Server is provides a calendaring service based on the CalDAV pro- tocol, which is in turn based on HTTP and WebDAV. caldavd is a simple tool for starting the server. OPTIONS
-h Displays usage information -X Starts the server but does not daemonize it. -L Sends error logging output to stdout rather than the file specified in caldavd.plist. -u username Drops privileges to the given username. -g groupname Drops privileges to the given groupname. -f caldavd.plist Specifies the path of the configuration file to read. -T twistd Specifies the path to the twistd binary. FILES
/etc/caldavd/caldavd.plist The Calendar Server configuration file. It is an XML property list specifying server options such as the port to bind to, whether to use SSL, and the names of other files can specified. /etc/caldavd/server.pem PEM-format server keys for use with SSL. /var/log/caldavd/access.log The server's access log file, in a format similar to Apache HTTPd's access log. /var/log/caldavd/error.log The server's main log file. /var/run/caldavd.pid The server's process ID file. SEE ALSO
httpd(8) STANDARDS
Darwin Calendar Server is intended to comply with RFC 2445 (iCalendar), RFC 2446 (iTIP), RFC 2447 (iMIP), RFC 2612 (HTTP), RFC 2617 (HTTP Authentication), RFC 4559 (SPNEGO), RFC 2518 (WebDAV), RFC 3744 (WebDAV ACL), RFC 5397 (WebDAV Current Principal Extension), RFC 4791 (Cal- DAV), and draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-06 (CalDAV Scheduling). HISTORY
caldavd was first introduced as part of Darwin 9 and Mac OS 10.5. BSD
November 6, 2008 BSD