Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Writing Script?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Writing Script? Post 45059 by wmosley2 on Sunday 14th of December 2003 07:18:24 PM
Old 12-14-2003
Writing Script?

Anyone have an example of a simple shell script that solicits a (Y)es or (N)o response from the user. If the response is 'Y' display a message on the screen that thanks the user for the positive response. If the response is 'N' display a message that thanks the user for the negative response. If the answer is anything else, redisplay the question.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help writing a script

Hello everyone. Well, I will get right to the point. I am new to Perl and trying to learn it as much as I can. I have been assigned the task of writing a perl script to extract information from firewall logs. Like I said, I am new to Perl and I am having a tough time because I think what I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help for writing a script

Hi, I need help writing a unix script to change the time in the server automatically when it reaches a specified time. Only on the 14th of april, when the time becomes midnight (00:00:00), I need the server to change the time automatically to 23:30:00 and start working on as usual with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amodha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help writing script

hi all i am having a file(a fixed length file) of 28 bytes.The file has account number from 5th place to next 16 digits. the file looks like below, 58331600563588885696ACXT5263 58331600563588885697ACXT5263 58331600563588885698ACXT5263 i want to write a script which will extract the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help writing this script

Here is the script I am trying to write along with my answer I wrote. Please help me understand why it doesn't work. Create an executable script file called "newname" that will perform the followings: 1. Rename a file upon the user's request. If the file exists, prompt the user for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggles
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in writing the script

Hi, I have written a script which converts a give hexdecimal value to binary value in perl. But now, the problem is I should read every bit of it ( if its 10101010, i should read the value in each position and if the value in that position is 1 i should print a string and should exit if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashreddy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in writing my script

hello all, I have a script, used to search for the strings from the set of 5 similar pattern file from the log dir. So here it goes . The input parameter is a part of the file name. When during the script execution, the script should parse the input parameter to original file's with the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

writing a script

Dear Madam/Sir Who can help me with writing a script doing the following? 1- Read names of files (only files with special name format let say initially they have the same file name start like TT*) 2- Then create an empty files with the same names have been read in step one but with extension... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m.nageeb
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in writing script

i need some help in donig some actions on files in a library. i want to get the n last files, and print to the screen their name, date, and how many times a specific string appears in each file.. how can i do this..?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help writing this script

:wall: Can't seem to figure out how to fix this please help its not starting over like I would like it to When I enter in "Date" or "Time" nothing comes Also if you can tell me the commands for the other 3 stuff that would be much appreciated #!/bin/bash clear while ; do echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nowruzr
8 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help with script writing?

I am new for script writing. I have a file named as name.dat and contain numbers with different rows and columns. I want to sum numbers at one row with that of at another row; like row1 + row101 + row 201, with corresponding columns. Any one can help me to write a script for this operation. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumnegert
1 Replies
mms_rsp_type(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_rsp_type(3MMS)

NAME
mms_rsp_type, mms_get_tree, mms_get_str, mms_get_attribute, mms_handle_err_rsp - MMS client functions for handling responses SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_rsp_type(void *response); mms_par_node_t *mms_get_tree(void *response); char *mms_get_str(void *response); char *mms_get_attribute(void *response, char *name, void **prev); int mms_handle_err_response(void *response, int * class, int * code, char **message); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, response is the MMS response to an MMP command sent by the client. The mms_rsp_type() macro returns the type of the response. The following is a list of responses: MMS_API_RSP_UNACC unacceptable response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL success response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_INTR intermediate response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_ERR error response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_CANC cancelled response The mms_get_tree() macro returns the parse tree of the response. The mms_get_str() macro returns the response string. The mms_get_attribute() function takes a response with name values looking for name, and returning the value associated with it. A client can call this function multiple times if the response contains multiple instances of name. When all occurrences of name have been found, NULL is returned. The mms_handle_err_rsp() function processes an error response on behalf of the client. It returns the error class, error code, and the internationalized error message if one was included. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, mms_handle_err_rsp() returns MMS_API_OK. If it encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicat- ing the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERROR Unable to obtain error class or code. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_init(3MMS), mms_send_cmd(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_rsp_type(3MMS)