Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New section
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators New section Post 4505 by ober5861 on Wednesday 25th of July 2001 12:16:00 PM
Old 07-25-2001
Once again, Neo comes through with a solid addition to the forum. Thanks and good job!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Section

Just like we have a section "Unix for dummies..." , why not have a section on UNIX BACKUP AND RECOVERY Thanks :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Windows section?!?

Since when did unix.com become unixandwindows.com? Just my opinion, but I think this forum should stick to what it does well: providing Unix knowledge. Is there any user preference for ignoring a particular topic section? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is Critical section is all about?

what is a critical section?why multipleprocesses or multiplethreads cant be given a chance to access the critical section? please explain me with an example. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

apple section

Why I can see 3 from 80 topics in apple section? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kezzol
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New section

Hi Just a thought if it already hasn't been suggested. While looking at the forums I thought it might be a good idea under somewhere like 'special forums' add a section called 'projects'. I think this would be good for people to be able to post projects they have created. For example I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get one particular section (using awk)?

Hey, I have a problem about how to get one section of a file? I'm new to shell, but by reading some tutorial, I think I can use awk to do this. my input file: >ref|ZP_04937576.1| ECRINAEDPKTFMPSPGKVKHFHAPGGNGVRVDSHLYSGYSVPPNYDSLVGKVITYGAD DEALARMRNALDELIVDGIKTNTELHKDLVRDAAFCKGGVNIHYLE... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritacc
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove <br> not in section

I need to remove the <BR> from all sections of a page, except what is between a section of text: #!/bin/sh sed ' /Testing Considerations/,/<B>PT# - Description:/ ! { s/<BR>// } ' But this isn't working. I'm not using the ! operator correctly, can someone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Grep of by section?

I have a script that outputs this as a file John Smith ---------------- memberOf: example1;sampletest;test memberOf: example2;sampletest;test memberOf: example3;sampletest;test memberOf: example4;sampletest;test A Member of 4 Groups Sally Smith ---------------- memberOf:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
4 Replies
GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)						  GRAM5 Commands					      GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)

NAME
globus-job-status - Check the status of a GRAM5 job SYNOPSIS
globus-job-status JOBID globus-job-status [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] DESCRIPTION
The globus-job-status program checks the status of a GRAM job by sending a status request to the job manager contact for that job specifed by the JOBID parameter. If successful, it will print the job status to standard output. The states supported by globus-job-status are: PENDING The job has been submitted to the LRM but has not yet begun execution. ACTIVE The job has begun execution. FAILED The job has failed. SUSPENDED The job is currently suspended by the LRM. DONE The job has completed. UNSUBMITTED The job has been accepted by GRAM, but not yet submitted to the LRM. STAGE_IN The job has been accepted by GRAM and is currently staging files prior to being submitted to the LRM. STAGE_OUT The job has completed execution and is currently staging files from the service node to other http, GASS, or GridFTP servers. OPTIONS
The full set of options to globus-job-status are: -help, -usage Display a help message to standard error and exit. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-status program to standard output. -versions Display the software version of the globus-job-status program including DiRT information to standard output. ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-job-status. X509_USER_PROXY Path to proxy credential. X509_CERT_DIR Path to trusted certificate directory. BUGS
The globus-job-status program can not distinguish between the case of the job manager terminating for any reason and the job being in the DONE state. SEE ALSO
globusrun(1) University of Chicago 03/18/2010 GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)