Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP configure
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IP configure Post 4492 by Orange on Wednesday 25th of July 2001 08:38:06 AM
Old 07-25-2001
Java IP configure

Hi people

I am having problems getting a few Sun Station to work again. We just moved to a new building with new IPs and new gateways. I need to change all these settings. Could some one please tel me what files I have to change.
It is a Solaris 5.7 machine.

Thanx
OSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure DNS

My OS is sun solaris7,(sun sparc),i want connect inernet and my computer in my company intranet.After i configure proxy server,i still can't conncet internet.I guess whether the DNS is configured correctly. who can help me???Thank you very much!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure error

my compiler won' t let me configure. This is what occurs when I type ./configure Alex@BADPERSON /postgresql-7.2.1 $ ./configure loading cache ./config.cache checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin checking which template to use... win checking whether to build with locale support... no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: achink125
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure dktab

Hi: I need some information about how to configure a dktab archive to make mirroring with ide disk. I have to know the necesary steps to make that. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvl
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 Network Configure

Hi I'm new about UNIX, but I've to use a HP9000 with HP-UX 10.20 workstation. I'm trying to configure the network, I've configured the file /etc/rc.conf.d/netconf with my IP address and the right gateway, so the HP9000 is on the net, I've tried a ping. But now I've a problem I can't start hte CDE,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gofmass
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to configure emacs? Thank!

I am using emacs to write c++ code. How to configure it to let the system highlight C++ keywords, variables, etc; and let it automatically indent, just like a common C++ IDE does? Any suggestions? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meili100
1 Replies

6. Linux

how to configure wireless now ?

Hi, I've installed wireless card and I didn't receive any error in the installation process. Now I want to use it but I can't make internet to work. if I check my card with iwconfig I get the following message wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"Alice-34376718" Mode:Managed ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Configure virtual ip - second ip

Hello Group, Could you please help me with the procedure to configure a virtual ip (second ip) under the same interface in Solaris 11. Thanks in advance ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configure RPM

Hi..i need to install package (*.rpm) on RHEL 6.2 . I have those patches available in RPM disc. When i try using below command rpm -ivh <package name> it give me following error no key warning:user mockbuild does not exist - using root warning:group mockbuild does not exist - using root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure: not found

Hi, I'm trying to install sudo on Solaris 10. I have added the package. The notes said to use "./configure", "./make" and "./make install" to complete the installation. However, none of the commands are found. Can you please tell me how to enable it or how else can i install the package. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlet
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure

hello, I'm trying install apache http server version 2.2.22. I downloaded the file httpd-2.2.22.tar.bz2. I unzipped this file.. When I type "./configure", the following error occurs: # ./configure --prefix=/opt/work/apache2.2.22 checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adriano Schmidt
1 Replies
config(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 config(8)

NAME
config - Builds system configuration files SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/config [-k] [-p] [-q] system_name FLAGS
Creates a define variable 'KDEBUG' that can be used to conditionally compile source code for kernel debugging. Configure the system for profiling. You must have sources to use this flag. Concatenates and displays all the system configuration files, including any configura- tion files described in the /sys/conf/NAME.list file. DESCRIPTION
The doconfig command calls the config command to build a set of system configuration files from a file that describes the sort of system that is being configured. The config command also takes as input another file that tells it what files are needed to generate a system. This other file can be augmented by a configuration-specific set of files that name alternate files for a specific machine. Normally, you should run the doconfig program and not the config command. If you need to issue the config command, be sure to change your directory to the /sys/conf directory. As an argument to the config command, specify the name of a system configuration file containing device specifications, configuration options and other system parameters for that specific system configuration. The config command places all its output files in the directory The output of config consists of a number of files; each machine type has its own specific set of files. All machine types have a makefile which is used by make during the system build. Typically, there are also a set of header files which contain definitions of the number of various devices that will be compiled into the system, and a set of swap configuration files contain definitions for the disk areas to be used for swapping, the root file system, argument processing, and system dumps. After running config, you run make depend in the directory where the new makefile was created. If any other error messages are produced by config, the problems in the configuration file should be corrected and config should be run again. Attempts to compile a system that had configuration errors are likely to be unsuccessful. NOTES
The line numbers reported in error messages are usually off by one. FILES
List of common files used to build the system List of files specific to NAME, where NAME is the value specified for the ident option in the system configuration file Machine-independent portion of the makefile template used for building kernels from binaries Machine-independent portion of the makefile template used for building kernels from sources Machine-dependent portion of the makefile template List of machine- specific files Machine-specific name to major device mapping file RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: make(1), doconfig(8) System Administration delim off config(8)