Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ascii
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ascii Post 44907 by melkor on Friday 12th of December 2003 06:30:34 AM
Old 12-12-2003
i can see how you would thnk that but no this is not homework because i turned it in and got an a i used a case statement.
this is for myself now because i know it can be made smaller i have the logic figured but need this one command and i have searched the internet and cant find it i have three books and looked in them all this is fo myself now.
the original program was very long and i thougght if i could print ascii values i might be able to save the value 1 -26 and add 64 to it and the print that value.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ASCII file

I've been having trouble trying to read an ASCII file. I'm on an IRIX machine, by the way. I've tried "cat" and I get a bunch of unreadable text, and the "string" command gets the "Command not Found" error. Please advise. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sherbet808
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ascii conversion

after converting my ebcidic file to ascii i get the following output 2097152+0 records in 1797345+1 records out Why is there a difference in number of records. Is the converson chopping off any records. All i am doing is just a conversion using the following script dd if=xaa cbs=152 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rintingtong
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii value of character?

Is there a way to determine the ascii value of a character? For example, let's say a shell variable has the value 'A'. I would like it's ascii value (e.g. 65 in this case). I would like to do this from a script (preferably ksh). (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sszd
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

binary to ascii

Hi, Is there a way to convert the binary file to ascii . the binary file is pipe delimited. from source the file(pipe delimited) is ftped to mainframe and from mainframe it is ftped to the unix box using binary format. Is there a way to change it back to ascii and view it? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ascii values into ascii characters

Hi gurus, I have a file in unix with ascii values. I need to convert all the ascii values in the file to ascii characters. File contains nearly 20000 records with ascii values. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppvk
10 Replies

6. Programming

Hexadecimal to ascii

Let's suppose i have a hexadecimal array with 16 cells.for example b3e2d5f636111780 i want to convert it to an array of ascii characters(in C) so that i can reduce total size of the file i want to put it in. But i am afraid i have not fully understand the difference between ascii and hex(i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash ascii

hi guys In my bash script I need to use ascii characters such as SYN(22) and US(31). How do I echo them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is ASCII character?

Hi Guru, I have put one post yesterday and get answer. thanks for your help. my question today is: what is ascii character for following non printable characters: ( we need filter these characters out in another process) ^MM-^E^MM-^E. Old post link: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

9. Programming

Ebcdic to ascii

Hi, I want to convert ebcdic values to ascii values. Are there anyany specific c++ libraries with g++ compiler, which can do it ? gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54) (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
NICOVIDEO-DL(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   NICOVIDEO-DL(1)

NAME
nicovideo-dl -- download a video file from www.nicovideo.jp SYNOPSIS
nicovideo-dl [options] video_url DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nicovideo-dl command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help print this help text and exit -u USERNAME --username=USERNAME account username (e-mail address) -p PASSWORD --password=PASSWORD account password -o FILE --output=FILE output video file name -q --quiet activates quiet mode -s --simulate do not download video -t --title use title in file name -l --literal use literal title in file name -n --netrc use .netrc authentication data -g --get-url print final video URL only -2 --title-too used with -g, print title too -c --get-comment download comment -x --raw-comment save comment in raw xml --comment-output=FILE output comment file name -v --version print program version and exit SEE ALSO
youtube-dl (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by paulliu grandpaul@gmail.com for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the same terms as the license of the original software. NICOVIDEO-DL(1)