Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stop cursor reading a value.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stop cursor reading a value. Post 44853 by gio123bg on Thursday 11th of December 2003 12:24:27 PM
Old 12-11-2003
Stop cursor reading a value.

Is it possible, in a Korn Shell script, to stop a cursor when I use the read command? More exactly, I try to have the cursor in a same line reading a value but not in a new line.
Maybe to display the value only if this value is right...

Do you have any idea about this? Is it possible?
Thanks in advance.

Giovanni

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the cursor position

Hello, Is there a way to get the current cursor position? I know "tput sc" saves it. Is there a way to find out the value saved? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cursor Positioning

Can anyone tell me how to ouput the current cursor coordinate? I have tried using tput sc and tput rc. However I want to know what the coordinate is. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blinking cursor

Cursor is blinking (slightly) while loading page in Firefox, or during scrolling a window. I tried some variants of linux (gnome permanently) and of course my solaris. May be an artifact of X-window? Cause in windows cursor is stable (i'm feeling more confident). PS: It makes me nervous. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scrolling cursor

Hi, I'm writing scripts in perl and shell and want to add the oprion of scrolling cursor on the screen when there is no output to the screen for long time. I saw it in some script but I don't have the source code. Are anyone know how can I perform this ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flashing cursor

I am running a psychology experiment with a UNIX shell script as a front end. This precedes each trial: echo -e "\n\n\n ***Ready***" sleep 1 clear Is there a way to get rid of the flashing cursor after the clear command has been executed or another command I could use instead? It is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwin_886
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cursor positioning

Hi All, please help me to know how to move the cursor to the desired position? For example, in a shell script, I am displaying echo "\t Enter your Name:" please help me how to move cursor near the first word. for example, if the output is as below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Cursor in Unix - How to do it (Need Help)

Hi, I have a table in which i have the following data JOB_NO FILE_ID FILE_NAME 1546148 1378788 PDF Sample -1.pdf 1546148 1378789 PDF Sample -2.pdf 1546149 1378790 PDF Sample -3.pdf Now I would like use a cursor like thing in unix to download the files using the file ids and send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the cursor position

I need to get the cursor position, and put it inside a variable. Problem is, i don't have the tput command, or ncurses. Apparently I was supposed to try the following: echo -e '\E But I don't get a value or anything. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Passing the value of a cursor to another cursor

i have 2 cursors. i want to assign the value of first cursor(employee_id) to the where condition of cursor c2(please refer the bold statement). how do i do if i want to assign the value of c1 to where condition of cursor c2? declare cursor c1 IS select employee_id from employee cursor c2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies
XDefineCursor(3X11)													       XDefineCursor(3X11)

NAME
XDefineCursor, XUndefineCursor - define cursors SYNOPSIS
XDefineCursor(display, w, cursor) Display *display; Window w; Cursor cursor; XUndefineCursor(display, w) Display *display; Window w; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the cursor that is to be displayed or None. Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
If a cursor is set, it will be used when the pointer is in the window. If the cursor is None, it is equivalent to XUndefineCursor. XDefineCursor can generate BadCursor and BadWindow errors. The XUndefineCursor function undoes the effect of a previous XDefineCursor for this window. When the pointer is in the window, the parent's cursor will now be used. On the root window, the default cursor is restored. XUndefineCursor can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory. A value for a Cursor argument does not name a defined Cursor. A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XCreateFontCursor(3X11), XRecolorCursor(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XDefineCursor(3X11)