Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Banner on remote printer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Banner on remote printer Post 44714 by shibz on Wednesday 10th of December 2003 03:24:44 AM
Old 12-10-2003
Banner on remote printer

Hi all,

i have a Sun Solaris server ( Sun OS 5.5.1 ) , and few windows machines accessing it using exceed humming bird software ( 6.1 ).

I have a EPSON printer connected to one of the PCs, and I am using Exceed LPD daemon for printing.

Whenever I trigger a print command from Sun server, the printing is successful, but there is always a banner page coming..

the banner content is
=================
HCL-LPD
User : root@host <mailto:root@host>
Title : testfile
Class : host
Printed: Thu Dec 04 14:35:55 2003
Job Name : /opt/Admin/tmp/testfile
=================

The banner option is disabled in windows.
And I am unable to control banner option from sun server as this is a remote printer.

Any reasons for this behaviour ? and How can I remove the banner page.

Thanks in advance...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

remote printer with ip.

Hello gurus. I need to print in a computer client. I use telnet to connect to my sco server, and I want to print in my local client printer with lp -d local_client_printer file1. I use XLPD in my local machine. Well, I want to add another printer like that. Where can I found information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patito
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable printer banner

How do you enable or configure an existing printer to print banner. my print server is solaris 8 running the normal lp print. I tried lp -o banner option but no joy. Can you help please? Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. AIX

remote printer

please, i would like to know ,how can i use a remote printer shared by a jet direct or which strg may use to connect with a remote printer using ip and windows network (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinpina
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to disable remote printer

Hi all, On Solaris 8.2 I have several printers controled via LPD so they are defined with systemnames. The problem is I can't disable them as I could in Unix V with the disable command. Is there a way to do this however? Thank in advance! :) Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
2 Replies

5. AIX

how to setup a remote printer in aix 5.2

how to setup a remote printer in aix 5.2 i have an aix 5.2 os and need to setup a remote printer off of it need help on how it is done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itivanh
2 Replies

6. SCO

Print banner appearing with remote printing

Hi, I have set up remote printing using a HP Direct Jet print server. Prints sent to the printer connected to the device prints fine except that at the end of the report the following info also appears - Users:, Class:, Job:. How can I disable this from printing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewart
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 setup remote printer queue help

I am trying to setup a remote printer (home users printer) through Solaris 8. The IP address is 172.16.17.10 and I can ping the printer, a local windows printer queue has been setup and works but now I am trying to setup a remote Unix printer queue. With this being a remote printer, do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

8. AIX

Error - Creation remote printer

Guy's I'm trying to configure new remote printer by smitty in AIX 6.1 but I'm facing below message ! and creating did not completed ... can you please help in this ! Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. digest:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote printer service

The IT auditors have pointed some of my boxes (SUSE, Solaris 10 and AIX) have remote printer service running and that is a potent security violation. I am confused what is remote printer service and how do I disable the same. I need the help. A prompt response is appreciable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranasarkar
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Remote printer setup on solaris 10 host

Hi All, I am trying setup a remote printer on a solaris 10 server. The printer is online and working fine is solaris 8. I have added the pritner to /etc/hosts file and /etc/printers.conf ... I need to know followings: 1. How do I find the default pritner port on the old solaris machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
0 Replies
NPRINT(1)							      nprint								 NPRINT(1)

NAME
nprint - NetWare print client SYNOPSIS
nprint [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U username | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queuename ] [ -d job-description ] [ -p pathname-in-banner ] [ -B username-in- banner ] [ -s ] [ -f filename-in-banner ] [ -l lines ] [ -r rows ] [ -c copies ] [ -t tab size ] [ -T ] [ -N ] [ -F form-number ] filename DESCRIPTION
With nprint, you can print files on print queues of a NetWare file server. There are a lot of options, so you should probably wrap some default configurations into some shell scripts. nprint looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
filename filename is the name of the file you want to print. If file is '-', or no filename is given, standard input is used. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U username username is the user name to use for the print request at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print request at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connec- tion to the server, nprint prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the print request. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queuename queuename is the name of the print queue to use at the print server. At present, you must specify it in upper case characters. -d job-description job-description is the string that appears in pconsole when you list the jobs for the print queue. It will also appear in the "Descrip- tion" field on the banner page. -p pathname-in-banner pathname-in-banner is the string (up to 79 characters) you want to be printed in the "Directory" field on the banner page. -B username-in-banner username-in-banner is the string (up to 12 characters) you want to appear on the lower part of the banner page. It will also appear in the "User name" field. -s Supress printing of banner page -f filename-in-banner filename-in-banner is the string (up to 12 characters) you want to appear in large letters on the lower part of the banner page. Default: the name of the file that is printed, or 'stdin'. -l lines lines is the number of lines to put on one page. Default: 66. -r rows rows is the number of rows to put on one page. Default: 80. -c copies copies tells the print server to the specified number of copies. Default: 1. -t tabs tabs is the number of spaces to print for a Tab-Character. Default: 8. -T tells the print server to expand Tab-Character and use 8 spaces -N tells the print server not to use Form Feeds -F form-number form-number is the the number of the form to be put into the printer. If it's different from the one currently in the printer, your job is only printed if a printer operator has put in the correct form. NOTES
The '-B' option was formerly '-b'. But it conflicted with 'bindery only' login option. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
nprint was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nprint 12/27/1995 NPRINT(1)