Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error while trying to fire a PL/SQL thro Unix Script Post 44622 by google on Tuesday 9th of December 2003 07:00:36 AM
Old 12-09-2003
Can you post a sample of your code, preferably where you call SQL PLUS and pass in your statement. The error that you are getting is most likely caused by the ORACLE_HOME variable not being correctly set. Also, check other Oracle related variables such as ORACLE_SID, and your ID and password.

edit - See the Oracle FAQ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to connect to different ip address thro telnet or ssh

Hi, I have three ip address say x.x.x.x , y.y.y.y and z.z.z.z I am connecting to x.x.x.x first and from there i do telnet or ssh to y.y.y.y and getting into y and from there i do telnet or ssh to z.z.z.z i want to know, can we write a script, which can automatically connect from x to y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix-Sql Loop error

Hi, I am getting the error "No matching <<", when i run the below. Is it that we can't execute SQL in a Unix loop. I am executing a SQL in a loop. Is it the EOF is written wrongly. . /opt/app/wlsconfigv61/domains/profiles/oracleV901.profile export DBUSER=ecdb01 set -A DBINSTANCE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manu_byc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sql load error in unix

When i try to run a job in unix, i am getting sqlload error as, sqlload : file not found. Can any one please let me know whats the reason for this.. The PATH & ORACLE_HOME paths names are correct... thanks here is the script : plz hv a look TABLE_NAME= tablename... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to use parameter in sql script pass from unix script?

Hi, I am unable to use parameter in sql script passed from unix script. my sql script CREATE_SBI_LIST_GROUP.sql is like this - ------------------------------- SELECT SDS.ID "SO_ID", SDS.SO a1, sgp.sga__code SGA_CODE, FROM sga sga,sales_genl_provision sgp , comm_product_condn cpc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call sql script from UNIX shell script

I know this question is out there in many forums, but I tried all the combinations in vain. I'm basically trying to call a sql script from a shell script. Below is my sql script (plsql.sql) DELCARE v_empno NUMBER := '&empno'; BEGIN select ename,sal from emp where empno = v_empno;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FName_LName
3 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle - parser for Oracle SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator; use SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new; $translator->parser("SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle"); DESCRIPTION
From http://www.ss64.com/ora/table_c.html: CREATE [GLOBAL TEMPORARY] TABLE [schema.]table (tbl_defs,...) [ON COMMIT {DELETE|PRESERVE} ROWS] [storage_options | CLUSTER cluster_name (col1, col2,... ) | ORGANIZATION {HEAP [storage_options] | INDEX idx_organized_tbl_clause}] [LOB_storage_clause][varray_clause][nested_storage_clause] partitioning_options [[NO]CACHE] [[NO]MONITORING] [PARALLEL parallel_clause] [ENABLE enable_clause | DISABLE disable_clause] [AS subquery] tbl_defs: column datatype [DEFAULT expr] [column_constraint(s)] table_ref_constraint storage_options: PCTFREE int PCTUSED int INITTRANS int MAXTRANS int STORAGE storage_clause TABLESPACE tablespace [LOGGING|NOLOGGING] idx_organized_tbl_clause: storage_option(s) [PCTTHRESHOLD int] [COMPRESS int|NOCOMPRESS] [ [INCLUDING column_name] OVERFLOW [storage_option(s)] ] nested_storage_clause: NESTED TABLE nested_item STORE AS storage_table [RETURN AS {LOCATOR|VALUE} ] partitioning_options: Partition_clause {ENABLE|DISABLE} ROW MOVEMENT Column Constraints (http://www.ss64.com/ora/clause_constraint_col.html) CONSTRAINT constrnt_name {UNIQUE|PRIMARY KEY} constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name CHECK(condition) constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name [NOT] NULL constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name REFERENCES [schema.]table[(column)] [ON DELETE {CASCADE|SET NULL}] constrnt_state constrnt_state [[NOT] DEFERRABLE] [INITIALLY {IMMEDIATE|DEFERRED}] [RELY | NORELY] [USING INDEX using_index_clause] [ENABLE|DISABLE] [VALIDATE|NOVALIDATE] [EXCEPTIONS INTO [schema.]table] Note that probably not all of the above syntax is supported, but the grammar was altered to better handle the syntax created by DDL::Oracle. AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, Parse::RecDescent, DDL::Oracle. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)