Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) I need your input apple people. Post 44578 by Vard on Monday 8th of December 2003 03:44:35 PM
Old 12-08-2003
Well, I'm out here....

I moved full time to Macs about 2 years ago, but had never had any experience with *nix machines. I've only begun to get into that side of it, which is one of the reasons I joined this forum. There is a Mac Yahoo group (actually there are lots of Mac Yahoo groups, but only a couple of good ones) that I read quite a bit. The one in particular that I dig is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mosx-hd/

The group owner nows everything, as far as I can tell.

Post all your Mac questions there and you'll be up to speed in no time. Sorry I couldn't help with the bash thing.

Later,
Eddie

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Programming

Input data control (need some adviced from other people)

This is the situation. I'm in doubt where to integeate some functions for taking user input which then must be transfered in the production database. I usually tend put everything in frontend application so database can be just a database, no other functions except storing and fetching data on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)