Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) I need your input apple people. Post 44569 by tuxwarrior on Monday 8th of December 2003 03:02:30 PM
Old 12-08-2003
I need your input apple people.

I am looking at buying a new laptop in the next week or two. I want to know, would you reccommend the Ibook G4 800mhz or the powerbook G4 with 1 gig.

basically, I will not be video editing or anyhting llike that. I just want it for dekstop features, i.e. email, web browsing what not, I do a lot of remote work, like SSH, FTP,

I normally have been running a PIII 600 Dell with Redhat 7.3 runnung enlightenement for a lot of my purposes, I jsut want something new, nice interface, non-windows, that I still can use for my *nix purposes.

any input is welcomed and appreciated.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Programming

Input data control (need some adviced from other people)

This is the situation. I'm in doubt where to integeate some functions for taking user input which then must be transfered in the production database. I usually tend put everything in frontend application so database can be just a database, no other functions except storing and fetching data on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies
FTPUSERS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FTPUSERS(5)

NAME
ftpusers - list of users that may not log in via the FTP daemon DESCRIPTION
The text file ftpusers contains a list of users that may not log in using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server daemon. This file is used not merely for system administration purposes but for improving security within a TCP/IP networked environment. It will typically contain a list of the users that either have no business using ftp or have too many privileges to be allowed to log in through the FTP server daemon. Such users usually include root, daemon, bin, uucp, and news. If your FTP server daemon doesn't use ftpusers then it is suggested that you read its documentation to find out how to block access for certain users. Washington University FTP server Daemon (wuftpd) and Professional FTP Daemon (proftpd) are known to make use of ftpusers. Format The format of ftpusers is very simple. There is one account name (or username) per line. Lines starting with a # are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
passwd(5), proftpd(8), wuftpd(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2000-08-27 FTPUSERS(5)