Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix exams materials
Operating Systems AIX aix exams materials Post 44539 by tamemi on Monday 8th of December 2003 11:46:07 AM
Old 12-08-2003
Thanks for replying ,

i know this site but i could not find anything .

please can u send me the link .

or can you send me any manualls ( pdf or html ) for AIX user ?

i need to read AIX user material .

thanks again

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris Learning Materials

I'm new to Solaris. Please let me know, where can i find good, explaining and easy learning tutorials in web. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moorthy123
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

UNIX Materials and Courses

hi all ; i'm abeginner in hp ux , any one has a good reference step by step ,and any of you can tell me about any simulator to work as unix server machine. ***Email address deleted by moderator*** Please read the rules before posting again best regards;; kafaween :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kafaween
1 Replies

3. Linux

LPI exams

Hello, Can any one can guide me on LPI examinations about what is the marking scheme & with study guide links.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binny
1 Replies

4. AIX

Help to find AIX materials exam

Dears, I have been working for 2 yeas on IBM servers, now I'm thinking to get my first certification on AIX UNIX, I'm need your co-operation to provide me the link that from I can download or find the new exam book, actually I have many REDBOOK but I guess they are related to 5.xx version what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHCE Materials

I'd like to get RHCE certification but I can't find the books which get me for doing such , could someone guide me where can i find the books ?:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online UNIX Educational Materials

Can you please give me good site for unix commands practice in online?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagabhushanam.K
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

I need Rhce materials official

I want the pdfs of course official red hat Rhce. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultralord
1 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)