Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: name service switch
Operating Systems HP-UX name service switch Post 44537 by Perderabo on Monday 8th of December 2003 11:26:44 AM
Old 12-08-2003
What exactly are you changing? And what does not seem to know about the change? Changes are immediate for me.

The only thing I think of that might be an issue is sendmail and then only if you have a sendmail daemon running. If so, you may need to to stop and restart sendmail.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for cp with -p switch

Guys, I need to copy files from source to destination with datetime preserved I did it with cp -p <source>/file <destinaltion>/file But when I do stat command on copied file , it seems the copied file has "change time" modified. Please guide me in understanding (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Switch to su

Hi, I've put the correct root password but why do I get this below? huamin@SOL11I:~$ su Password: su: Sorry huamin@SOL11I:~$ Many Thanks & Best Regards, HuaMin (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuaMin
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
System Administration Commands				 etrn(8)

NAME
etrn - start mail queue run SYNOPSIS
etrn [-v] server-host [client-hosts] DESCRIPTION
SMTP's ETRN command allows an SMTP client and server to interact, giving the server an opportunity to start the pro cessing of its queues for messages to go to a given host. This is meant to be used in start-up conditions, as well as for mail nodes that have transient connections to their ser vice providers. The etrn utility initiates an SMTP session with the host server-host and sends one or more ETRN commands as follows: If no client-hosts are specified, etrn looks up every host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email and, for each name, sends an ETRN command with that name as the argument. If any client-hosts are specified, etrn uses each of these as arguments for successive ETRN commands. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -v The normal mode of operation for etrn is to do all of its work silently. The -v option makes it verbose, which causes etrn to display its conversations with the remote SMTP server. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables are used. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), RFC 1985. CAVEATS
Not all SMTP servers support ETRN. CREDITS
Leveraged from David Muir Sharnoff's expn.pl script. Chris tian von Roques added support for args and fixed a couple of bugs. AVAILABILITY
The latest version of etrn is available in the contrib directory of the sendmail distribution through anonymous ftp at ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/ucb/src/sendmail/. AUTHOR
John T. Beck <john@beck.org>