Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: intel 845, framebuffer£¿
Operating Systems Linux intel 845, framebuffer£¿ Post 44444 by norsk hedensk on Saturday 6th of December 2003 01:15:32 AM
Old 12-06-2003
what is your question?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris8(intel)

I have just recently installed solaris8 on my box, and got two minor problems: Based on the size of partitions i should have approx 10gigs of mem., but the system registeres 0 space available on my harddrive....That problem results in a slight inability to install any apps... The second problem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diesel
3 Replies

2. Programming

Where can I get sun for intel?

:confused: I wanted to get Sun Solaris 9 for NT. I went on the SUn.com site but I couldnt exactly locate the link. Anyone has an idea? thanks Jigar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX for Intel PC

Where can I download Solaris for Intel PIII platform. I'm trying to learn Unix at home, I have a spare PC and just need to get the OS? I'm an absolute nubie, so maybe this post doesn't even make sense? I tried looking at the Sun site and didn't see anything listed for download (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wpblencowe
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris on Intel

I was wondering what features are not available on Solaris installed on Intel architecture as compared to the SPARC archietecture?? :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

framebuffer question

I am having a hard time getting the framebuffer configured for the correct resolution. The card is a XVR-1200 and it is (or should be) linked to (do not know if that is the correct term) jfb0a & b. When I run fbconfig on /dev/fbs/jfb0a and ask for a list of resolutions, they all come back with ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetaber
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

framebuffer desktop

How to set up a framebuffer desktop (environment) / no X desktop (environment)? In my case: Debian etch, allready with framebuffer but I mean that I have in framebuffer all I use in X - also read pdf (without hanging up the whole system..) and so on. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
3 Replies

7. Fedora

Help me choose an OS for my old intel 845 board

I have a pc with intel 845GLLY board with integrated i845g graphics, 768mb ram, and 1.7ghz p4. I've tried some linux distros before, ubuntu and linux mint and fedora, and older versions of ubuntu, but none of them work! They keep crashing. I searched for answers online and seems that linux kernels... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mooches
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

AT&T vs Intel...

Just a quicky... I am learning AT&T x86-64 assembly syntax and boy how different Intel and AT&T are. At least there are similarities between AT&T and Motorola 68K syntax the way they are laid out so that does make it a little easier. I have all the Manuals for the Intel Instruction Set and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.3 2012-12-28 Net::DNS::Question(3)