Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: novice student needs help
Top Forums Programming novice student needs help Post 44418 by karen79 on Friday 5th of December 2003 02:09:52 PM
Old 12-05-2003
novice student needs help

Help! I am very stuck!!!

I have to produce a practical implementation of ONC RPC for an assignment and I do not know where to start. I hve done much searching on sun's site but everything is too complicated for someone with my limited knowledge. I only know the very basic unix commands and have no experience of C programming (only Java). What I need is just a very simple idea of how to get started on this. As I have never used C I don't even know what sw to use to write the program.

If anyone could help me by explaining where I should start in very basic terms and save me from this nightmare of not understanding all the stuff I am reading

Thanks

KSmilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Student needs help...

I know taking the easy way out isn't going to help me learn anything, but hopefully it will at least give me some guidence... I have a project and here's what I have to do... A company is currently running a Digital VAX and I have to replace it with a Linux server. There are 19 terminals... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MGold4357
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Student Need Help!

Is there anyone here that can help me with my unix assignment? I've been working on it for 3 days now. It is regarding writing a script. I've got a few questions that I need some answers. Please someone who are willing to help add me to their msn messenger: **************** In one part of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaSFLiP
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

student need help!

yes im a student at Sandersville Technical College in Sandersville, Georgia. Im doing a presentation on UNIX can someone help me discribe what UNIX is and how to use it and the different features it has? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: willnadaze
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hello Everyone - Student in Need of Help

Hi everyone. Let me just start off by saying I'm a college student and I love playing around with UNIX. I registered here because I have a UNIX shell scripting class and I am having some issues with my homework. I'm not looking for answers to the problems, just some help to get me on my way.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hexum311
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Portland UNIX student group

In CS140 .... I am having a very hard time with lab 4. I am wondering if we could put together a study group in portland. This could help all of us. Post here and I will PM you my # and we can set it up over the phone. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeamacman
0 Replies

6. Programming

Novice in C needs help

Guys can you help me ? I'm novice in C but I have a lot of will to master C. Each gurney starts with first step O.K. My problem is to compare two integers entered by user I know how to set up conditions and problem is how to print correct value (grater number) // This program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Student needs grep command help

I am a Student in college struggling with Linux homework This home work was created by my professor not out of the class text book and is frustrating me and the text book is a little frustrating as well need help with 2 5 6 stuck on 2 currently so I know 5 and 6 will be even more... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetoutant
9 Replies
Event::RPC::Loop(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Event::RPC::Loop(3pm)

NAME
Event::RPC::Loop - Mainloop Abstraction layer for Event::RPC SYNOPSIS
use Event::RPC::Server; use Event::RPC::Loop::Glib; my $server = Event::RPC::Server->new ( ... loop => Event::RPC::Loop::Glib->new(), ... ); $server->start; DESCRIPTION
This modules defines the interface of Event::RPC's mainloop abstraction layer. It's a virtual class all mainloop modules should inherit from. INTERFACE
The following methods need to be implemented: $loop->enter () Enter resp. start a mainloop. $loop->leave () Leave the mainloop, which was started with the enter() method. $watcher = $loop->add_io_watcher ( %options ) Add an I/O watcher. Options are passed as a hash of key/value pairs. The following options are known: fh The filehandle to be watched. cb This callback is called, without any parameters, if an event occured on the filehandle above. desc A description of the watcher. Not necessarily implemented by all modules, so it may be ignored. poll Either 'r', if your program reads from the filehandle, or 'w' if it writes to it. A watcher object is returned. What this exactly is depends on the implementation, so you can't do anything useful with it besides passing it back to del_io_watcher(). $loop->del_io_watcher ( $watcher ) Deletes an I/O watcher which was added with $loop->add_io_watcher(). $timer = $loop->add_timer ( %options ) This sets a timer, a subroutine called after a specific timeout or on a regularly basis with a fixed time interval. Options are passed as a hash of key/value pairs. The following options are known: interval A time interval in seconds, may be fractional. after Callback is called once after this amount of seconds, may be fractional. cb The callback. desc A description of the timer. Not necessarily implemented by all modules, so it may be ignored. A timer object is returned. What this exactly is depends on the implementation, so you can't do anything useful with it besides passing it back to del_io_timer(). $loop->del_timer ( $timer ) Deletes a timer which was added with $loop->add_timer(). DIRECT USAGE IN YOUR SERVER
You may use the methods of Event::RPC::Loop by yourself if you like. This way your program keeps independent of the actual mainloop module in use, if the simplified interface of Event::RPC::Loop is sufficient for you. In your server program you access the actual mainloop object this way: my $loop = Event::RPC::Server->instance->get_loop; Naturally nothing speaks against making your program to work only with a specific mainloop implementation, if you need its features. In that case you may use the corresponding API directly (e.g. of Event or Glib), no need to access it through Event::RPC::Loop. AUTHORS
Joern Reder <joern at zyn dot de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002-2006 by Joern Reder, All Rights Reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-23 Event::RPC::Loop(3pm)