Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Having a prob. installing SUSE Linux on a laptop Post 44354 by spiral on Thursday 4th of December 2003 05:27:21 PM
Old 12-04-2003
Re: A quick reply....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattew
Try to search on www.linux-laptop.net : a very good place to see if anyone had your problems too.

Suse.com has got a repository with all supported hardware !!!!! Try to search better , i think on suse.com.

HAVE FUN
Thanks for the info!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

installing slackware 10.2 on compaq laptop with Sansung HM121HI hard drive

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install slackware 10.2 on a on compaq laptop with Sansung HM121HI hard drive but I wonder what kernel should I use so it can recognize the had disk. Initially I've tried using sata.i and then try to use the fdisk utility to create the new partiotions but doesn't seem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix/linux on HP(INTEL INSIDE) LAPTOP.

Please inform me on how to install unix/Linus on hp(Intel inside) lap top computer, with windows xp inside. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princektwo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help installing GLIBC on SuSe 11.

I need help updating the glibc in my suse box. I have no clue how to do this and I am afraid of breaking this box. Can someone please give me some direction? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OptimusPrime1
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

After installing redhat, my laptop boot straight to Windows 7

Hi all, Good day. I just installed RHEL6.3 into my laptop to learn RH. There is an existing Windows 7 in there. After installing the RHEL, the laptop will just boot to Windows 7. I tried to use this BCDedit to add Linux entry to the boot menu, BUT each time i pick the redhat selection,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
5 Replies
APPER(1)							 KDE User's Manual							  APPER(1)

NAME
apper - An application and package manager using PackageKit SYNOPSIS
apper [--updates] [--settings] [--backend-details] [--install-mime-type mime-type] [--install-package-name name] [--install-provide-file file] [--install-font-resource font] [--install-catalog file] [--remove-package-by-file filename] [KDE Generic Options] [Qt Generic Options] DESCRIPTION
Apper is the KDE interface for PackageKit Apper is able to manage packages, applications and updates in a cross-distribution way thanks to the PackageKit project. It is providing Linux users a single application that they can learn and use in whatever distribution they are. OPTIONS
--updates Show available updates --settings Show Apper configuration page. --backend-details name Display information about the backend PackageKit uses at time. --install-mime-type mime-type Call the mime-type installer. --install-package-name name Install package with the name name. --install-provide-file file Install package providing file file. --install-font-resource font Install a font resource. --install-catalog file Install the package catalog in file. --remove-package-by-file filename Remove a package containing file filename. SEE ALSO
More information about Apper can be found at the Apper website[1]. AUTHORS
The maintainer of Apper is Daniel Nicoletti dantti12@gmail.com; This manual page was written by Matthias Klumpp matthias@tenstral.net. AUTHORS
Daniel Nicoletti <dantti12@gmail.com> Author. Matthias Klumpp <matthias@tenstral.net> Author. NOTES
1. the Apper website http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Apper?content=84745 K Desktop Environment 2011-10-10 APPER(1)