Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regular Expression
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Regular Expression Post 44340 by tikual on Thursday 4th of December 2003 01:41:40 PM
Old 12-04-2003
I think that you are trying to edit the file in vi, right? Actually I don't know what result you want.

if you want the following result.
9DH21AQAE~
then
:s/\~[^~]*.*$/\~/

9DH21AQAE~56081~
then
:s/\(^[^~]*\~[^~]*\~\).*$/\1/

9DH21AQAE~56081~109~
skipped, refer to above reference

9DH21AQAE~56081~109~12/18/2003~
skipped, refer to above reference

if you want to remove the last ~
9DH21AQAE~56081~109~12/18/2003~ ~B ~
then
:s/\(^.*\)\~$/\1/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Programming

What does the regular expression ['(^[^~]+~).*'] mean?

What does the regular expression +~).*'] mean while using it with regexec.When the string "RCHNUSNT35C~rs07/ASM-RS07" is used with the regular expression +~).*'] regexec gives an error. I know what regexec does,but i do not understand what this expression means wrt to this string... any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupamar
2 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls with regular expression

I currently list and sort all the files in a directory which begin with an Upper Case C and end with the extension '#finished#'. Here is the command I use: ls -tr $currentDir/*.#finished# what i need to do now is list all the files in a directory that begin with upper case C and end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkgudde
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression help

Hi, I am quite knew to scripting and I am trying to get a regular expression to work to check that a user enters a valid version number such as 1 or 1.1 or 12.3 etc. I dont seem to be able to get it to work as it picks up versions such as 1.......2. I only want it to work with a single dot.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: frodo61
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

Can someone please explain me what does this mean? ^{1,50}$ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

I would like to extract "JDBC Thin Client" from (PROGRAM=JDBC Thin Client); and "C:\Python26\python.exe" from (PROGRAM=C:\Python26\python.exe); "txm_v_awsrf_db.pr" from (PROGRAM=txm_v_awsrf_db.pr). if input line like "(PROGRAM=)", it return unknown. Would you help suggest a regular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
4 Replies
Scan(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Scan(3pm)

NAME
File::Scan - Perl extension for Scanning files for Viruses SYNOPSIS
use File::Scan; $fs = File::Scan->new([, OPTION ...]); $fs->set_callback( sub { my $filename = shift; my $bytes = shift; ... return("Callback Value"); } ); $fs->scan([FILE]); if(my $e = $fs->error) { print "$e "; } if(my $c = $fs->skipped) { print "file skipped ($c) "; } if($fs->suspicious) { print "suspicious file "; } if(my $res = $fs->callback) { print "$res "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is designed to allows users to scan files for known viruses. The purpose is to provide a perl module to make plataform independent virus scanners. METHODS
new([, OPTION ...]) This method create a new File::Scan object. The following keys are available: callback => 'subroutine reference' if the item is set then use a callback subroutine reference to provide extra information and functionalities. The callback subroutine have two arguments: filename and first 1024 bytes read from the file. This only work for binary files. extension => 'string' add the specified extension to the infected file move => 'directory' move the infected file to the specified directory copy => 'directory' copy the infected file to the specified directory mkdir => octal_number if the value is set to octal number then make the specified directories (example: mkdir => 0755). delete => 0 or 1 if the value is set to 1 delete the infected file max_txt_size => 'size in kbytes' scan only the text file if the file size is less then max_txt_size. The default value is 5120 kbytes. Set to 0 for no limit. max_bin_size => 'size in kbytes' scan only the binary file if the file size is less then max_bin_size. The default value is 10240 kbytes. Set to 0 for no limit. scan([FILE]) This method scan a file for viruses and return the name of virus if a virus is found. set_callback([SUBREF]) This method is another way to install a callback subroutine reference. Take a look in callback kay. skipped() This method return a code number if the file was skipped and 0 if not. The following skipped codes are available: 0 file not skipped 1 file is not vulnerable 2 file has zero size 3 the size of file is small 4 the text file size is greater that the 'max_txt_size' argument 5 the binary file size is greater that the 'max_bin_size' argument suspicious() This method return 1 if the file is suspicious and 0 if not. callback() This method return the result from the callback subroutine. error() This method return a error message if a error happens. AUTHOR
Henrique Dias <hdias@aesbuc.pt> CREDITS
Thanks to Rui de Castro, Sergio Castro, Ricardo Oliveira, Antonio Campelo, Branca Silveira, Helena Gomes and Anita Afonso for the help. Thanks to Fernando Martins for the personal collection of viruses. SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.10.0 2009-07-19 Scan(3pm)