Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx and Elm
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mailx and Elm Post 4427 by PxT on Wednesday 13th of December 2000 11:11:55 AM
Old 12-13-2000
What, specifically, is the problem? In other words, what happens when you try it using elm? Using mailx? Error messages, mail bounces?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

Mailx and Elm

I am trying to send mail from Unix (HP9000) to Exchange mail system. I need to send the file as an attachment. I am using uuencode to encode file as ASCII, but can't seem to get to over to Exchange as an attachment. I have tried both elm and mailx. I know I've done this before, but can't remember... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by:
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

elm command in unix

I have written a select statement using html flags and i am sending the output to logfile. I using elm to send the outfile in HTML format . elm -s "ESS Monthly Performance Report" "${alert_list}" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email in Ksh using elm

I have a txt file which contains the following details. email address date other email address date other from this i want to take each email address and send mail with a message and put the date in the message ( in some specific place ). need to send mails one by one marking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth78
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail using elm in cc list?

Can any one tell me how to use elm to send mail using CC list with command line ? I need to write script to send mail to TO list as well as CC list Not using elm editor. Regards, Venkat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to send a mail using elm in cc list?

Can any one tell me how to use elm to send mail using CC list with command line ? I need to write script to send mail to TO list as well as CC list Not using elm editor. Regards, Venkat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
0 Replies
RCVPACK(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								RCVPACK(1)

NAME
rcvpack - append message to file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/rcvpack file [-mbox] [-mmdf] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
The rcvpack program will append a copy of the message to the file listed on its command line. If the -mbox switch is given (the default), then the messages are separated using mbox (uucp) style delimiters. This is the format used by most mail clients (elm, mailx, etc.). If the -mmdf switch is given, then the messages are separated by mmdf style delimiters. Each message in the file is separated by four CTRL-A's and a newline. rcvpack will correctly lock and unlock the file to serialize access to the file, when running multiple copies of rcvpack . In general, its use is obsoleted by the file action of slocal, although it might still have occasional uses in various shell scripts. FILES
/etc/nmh/mts.conf nmh mts configuration file SEE ALSO
rcvdist(1), rcvstore(1), rcvtty(1), slocal(1) BUGS
Only two return codes are meaningful, others should be. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RCVPACK(1)