Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Looking for guidance in obtaining a job in Unix Administration Post 44177 by dangral on Monday 1st of December 2003 09:44:21 PM
Old 12-01-2003
I personally don't know anyone who has gotten a job through the web, but I don't know THAT many people!
Try http://www.dice.com which has tech job listings. If you serach carefully, you may be able to weed out which ads are from staffing agencies and then try to call them directly to develop a relationship, as rhfrommn so aptly pointed out.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

freeBSD Unix Administration...

Hello there ! I am little bit confuse about freeBSD and Sun Solaris, Susue, Mandrake. Is freeBSD is same like Sun Solaris ? i mean if i will have freeBSD software, i can administrator same like i am administring Unix O.S ? I want to be Unix Administrator, so if i will install freeBSD and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix Administration doubts ********

Hi, Can anyone tell me the correct answers for these: 1. You have 4 instances running on the same UNIX box. How can you determine which shared memory and semaphores are associated with which instance? 2. How do you increase the OS limitation for open files (LINUX and/or Solaris)? Thanks:p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

4. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

Obtaining your external IP address using a Unix Utility

Hello, this is my first post on the Unix forums. This is something that's been bothering me for a while, is there any particular UNIX/Linux application that will allow you to see you external IP address? :confused: ( The address beyond your router ) Thank you in advance, I could not find a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquen
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix administration commands

would like to know whether there are commands by which we can monitor these user activity 1) How many files are deleted by a user 2) How many files are FTP'ed by a user I am looking for commands in unix/Linux environment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tene
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep a section from an UNIX file obtaining only part of the data

Hello, I have a log file that has several sections "BEGIN JOB, End of job" like in the following example: 19/06/12 - 16:00:57 (27787398-449294): BEGIN JOB j1(27787398-449294) JOB1 19/06/12 - 16:00:57 (27787398-449294): DIGIT: 0 number of present logs : 1 19/06/12 - 16:00:57... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
4 Replies
WebService::MusicBrainz::Query(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       WebService::MusicBrainz::Query(3pm)

NAME
WebService::MusicBrainz::Query SYNOPSIS
ABSTRACT
WebService::MusicBrainz - Interface with the MusicBrainz web service. DESCRIPTION
This module's relationship with WebService::MusicBrainz::Artist, WebService::MusicBrainz::Release, and WebService::MusicBrainz::Track is a "has a" relationship. This module will not be instantiated by any client but will only be used internally within the Artist, Release, or Track classes. METHODS
new() This method is the constructor and it will call for initialization. An optional HOST parameter can be passed to select a different mirrored server. set_url_params() Define a list of valid URL query parameters. set_inc_params() Define a list of valid arguments for the "inc" URL query parameter. get() Perform the URL request (GET) and if success, then return a WebService::MusicBrainz::Response object. Otherwise die. AUTHOR
Bob Faist <bob.faist@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006-2009 by Bob Faist This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/XMLWebService perl v5.10.1 2009-12-06 WebService::MusicBrainz::Query(3pm)