Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Looking for guidance in obtaining a job in Unix Administration Post 44174 by pkali290 on Monday 1st of December 2003 08:27:02 PM
Old 12-01-2003
Thank you very much for your advice.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

freeBSD Unix Administration...

Hello there ! I am little bit confuse about freeBSD and Sun Solaris, Susue, Mandrake. Is freeBSD is same like Sun Solaris ? i mean if i will have freeBSD software, i can administrator same like i am administring Unix O.S ? I want to be Unix Administrator, so if i will install freeBSD and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix Administration doubts ********

Hi, Can anyone tell me the correct answers for these: 1. You have 4 instances running on the same UNIX box. How can you determine which shared memory and semaphores are associated with which instance? 2. How do you increase the OS limitation for open files (LINUX and/or Solaris)? Thanks:p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

4. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

Obtaining your external IP address using a Unix Utility

Hello, this is my first post on the Unix forums. This is something that's been bothering me for a while, is there any particular UNIX/Linux application that will allow you to see you external IP address? :confused: ( The address beyond your router ) Thank you in advance, I could not find a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquen
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix administration commands

would like to know whether there are commands by which we can monitor these user activity 1) How many files are deleted by a user 2) How many files are FTP'ed by a user I am looking for commands in unix/Linux environment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tene
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep a section from an UNIX file obtaining only part of the data

Hello, I have a log file that has several sections "BEGIN JOB, End of job" like in the following example: 19/06/12 - 16:00:57 (27787398-449294): BEGIN JOB j1(27787398-449294) JOB1 19/06/12 - 16:00:57 (27787398-449294): DIGIT: 0 number of present logs : 1 19/06/12 - 16:00:57... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
4 Replies
atrm(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   atrm(1)

NAME
atrm - Removes jobs spooled by at SYNOPSIS
atrm [-a] [-f | -i] [job_number...] | [user...] The atrm command removes jobs that were created with the at command. OPTIONS
Removes all jobs belonging to the person invoking atrm. If invoked by a privileged user, all jobs on the queue are removed. Suppresses the printing of all information about the jobs being removed. Prompts before a job is removed; a response of y, or the locale's equivalent of y, causes the job to be removed. Obsolete version of -a. DESCRIPTION
If one or more job numbers is specified, atrm attempts to remove only those jobs. If one or more usernames is specified, all jobs belonging to those users are removed. This form of invoking atrm is useful only if you have superuser authority. EXAMPLES
To remove job number 62169200.a, created by user chinn, from the queue created by the at command, enter: atrm chinn.62169200.a Note that specifies an at job for sh. (.f specifies an at job for csh, and specifies an at job for ksh.) FILES
Main cron directory. List of allowed users. List of denied users. Spool area. Queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
Commands: at(1), atq(1), cron(8) Files: queuedefs(4) atrm(1)