Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: chmod and cgi correlation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers chmod and cgi correlation Post 44139 by RTM on Monday 1st of December 2003 11:36:18 AM
Old 12-01-2003
I have cgi scripts with 755 - under different owners/groups.

If I change one to 644, it does not work since it is no longer executable. User nobody should be the uid for anyone hitting the web page/executing the cgi script. That is why 755 is needed. You could change it to 645 and it would work.

Are you confusing chmod with chown/chgrp? You mention putting her in a different group with no root access?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

correlation coefficient - Awk

Hi guys I have an input file with multiple columns and and rows. Is it possible to calculate correlation of certain value of certain No (For example x of S1 = 112) with all other values (for example start with x 112 corr a 3 of S1 = x-a 0.2 ) INPUT ******* No S1 S2 S3 S4 Sn a 3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Correlation between two fields !

Hello, I request your help with a shell script (awk) that ask for two inputs in order to calculate the correlation of the last rows between two fields ( 3 and 4). Data: EC-GLD,1/25/2011,41.270000,129.070000 EC-GLD,1/26/2011,41.550000,129.280000 EC-GLD,1/27/2011,42.260000,127.800000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - calculating simple correlation of rows

Is there any way to calculate a simple correlation of few selected rows with all the rows in input ? In the below example I selected Row01,02,03 and correlated with all the rows. I was trying to run in R. But the this big data matrix is too much to handle for R and eventually my system is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pearson correlation between two files

Hi, I want a quick way to determine the pearson correlation between two files. The two files have the same format with only the 3rd column varying. E.g. of file 1 chr1 0 62 chr1 1 260 chr1 2 474 chr1 3 562 chr1 4 633 chr1 5 870 chr1 6 931 chr1 7 978 chr1 8 1058 chr1 9 1151 E.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kylle345
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correlation Between 3 Different Loops using Bash

I have 3 loops that I use to determine the permission level of AWS user accounts. This array lists the AWS policy ARN (Amazon Resource Name): for ((policy_index=0;policy_index<${#aws_managed_policies};++policy_index)); do aws_policy_arn="${aws_managed_policies}" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluethundr
1 Replies
cgi_redirect_uri(3)						     cgi/cgi.h						       cgi_redirect_uri(3)

NAME
cgi_redirect_uri - send an HTTP 302 redirect response SYNOPSIS
#include <cgi/cgi.h> void cgi_redirect_uri (CGI *cgi, const char *fmt, ...) ATTRIBUTE_PRINTF(2,3); ARGUMENTS
cgi - cgi struct fmt - printf style format with args DESCRIPTION
cgi_redirect_uri will redirect the user to another page on your site. This version takes the full URL, including proto- col/domain/port/path. As with all printf style commands, you should not call this with arbitrary input that may contain % characters, if you are forwarding something directly, use a format like cgi_redirect (cgi, "%s", buf) RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
cgi_debug_init(3), cgi_parse(3), cgi_destroy(3), cgi_js_escape(3), cgi_html_escape_strfunc(3), cgi_register_strfuncs(3), cgi_output(3), parse_rfc2388(3), cgi_url_validate(3), open_upload(3), cgi_cs_init(3), cgi_url_escape_more(3), cgi_html_strip_strfunc(3), cgi_neo_error(3), cgi_redirect(3), cgi_filehandle(3), cgi_register_parse_cb(3), cgi_url_escape(3), cgi_init(3), cgi_redirect_uri(3), cgi_cookie_clear(3), cgi_url_unescape(3), cgi_vredirect(3), cgi_display(3), cgi_html_ws_strip(3), cgi_error(3), cgi_cookie_set(3), cgi_text_html_strfunc(3), cgi_cookie_authority ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cgi_redirect_uri(3)