Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Floppy drive problem.
Operating Systems BSD Floppy drive problem. Post 44090 by _cs on Sunday 30th of November 2003 12:52:57 AM
Old 11-30-2003
Thanks for your help.

Here is what I found from dmesg:

acpi0: <AMI INT VIA_K7> on motherboard
acpi0: power button is handled as a fixed feature programming model.
acpi_timer0: <24-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x808-0x806 on acpi0
acpi_cpu0: <CPU> on acpi0
acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0
acpi_button1: <Sleep Button> on acpi0

I tried to disable the acpi, I use the command I found from "man acpi" then the monitor hang. Something likes acpi disable all...
Can you please tell me more detail how to disable acpi.

Thanks.

Last edited by _cs; 12-01-2003 at 12:27 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing floppy drive with solaris 8 Intel version

Ok heres the situation, I bought solaris 8 (intel version) for my home pc to practice with, I'm having problems accessing my floppy drive, I thought it would be in my dev or devices folder but its not there Please help, I'm very new to unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

scsi floppy drive addressing

Does anyone know of a site that documents the various addressing schemes used with SCSI floppy disk drives? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drew_Harrison
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 floppy drive problem

I have inserted a diskette but I don't see the files nor the floppy drive. These are the commands I ran. #volcheck -v #rmformat With rmformat, only the CD-ROM is listed. I don't see any floppy drive. How can I get my floppy drive to work?? I know it is connected b/c when I boot in XP, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sunfire 280R Can't Recognize Floppy Drive

Greetings all, I'm in a bit of a situation. I have this Sunfire 280R system that did not have a floppy drive in it, yet we needed one. We grabbed one from another Sun box we had laying around unused, and installed it. The system couldnt recognize it. Tried another floppy drive (non-sun) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snackiesmores
4 Replies

5. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Boot Floppy made in external drive

there is probably another post about this, i just can't find it on unix.com or google. basically, i am trying to make a boot floppy via CLI/terminal. the problem is that i use an external drive. when i do the first couple of steps, i get rejected. when i do the mounting and unmounting, all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
4 Replies

7. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 on ibm server, no floppy drive.

I cannot install sco on this particular ibm server because sco cannot find the raid controller and thefore the logical drive. I have a floppy disk that I use in other machines when boot: shows on the screen. I usually type restart link=ad320 and it works but this time i have no floppy drive. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX System V Mount Floppy Drive

I have recently installed UNIX SysV on an old computer to try and expand my general knowledge of computers. I want to install NASM on it so I can begin working on some assembly language, but I am having trouble accessing the floppy disk with the files I need. I've tried running mount /dev/fd0... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrentBANKS
23 Replies
NDISGEN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NDISGEN(8)

NAME
ndisgen -- generate a FreeBSD driver module from a Windows(R) NDIS driver distribution SYNOPSIS
ndisgen [/path/to/INF /path/to/SYS] DESCRIPTION
The ndisgen script uses the ndiscvt(8) utility and other tools to generate a FreeBSD loadable driver module and a static ELF object module from a Windows(R) NDIS driver, for use with the ndis(4) compatibility module. The ndisgen script is interactive and contains its own help section. Unless the paths to both files are supplied on the command line, the script will prompt the user for the .INF and .SYS files needed to generate the FreeBSD driver module. The script will also prompt for any firmware or other external files needed. SEE ALSO
ld(1), objcopy(1), ndis(4), kldload(8), ndiscvt(8) HISTORY
The ndisgen utility first appeared in FreeBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
The ndisgen utility was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@windriver.com>. BSD
April 24, 2005 BSD