Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Floppy drive problem.
Operating Systems BSD Floppy drive problem. Post 44090 by _cs on Sunday 30th of November 2003 12:52:57 AM
Old 11-30-2003
Thanks for your help.

Here is what I found from dmesg:

acpi0: <AMI INT VIA_K7> on motherboard
acpi0: power button is handled as a fixed feature programming model.
acpi_timer0: <24-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x808-0x806 on acpi0
acpi_cpu0: <CPU> on acpi0
acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0
acpi_button1: <Sleep Button> on acpi0

I tried to disable the acpi, I use the command I found from "man acpi" then the monitor hang. Something likes acpi disable all...
Can you please tell me more detail how to disable acpi.

Thanks.

Last edited by _cs; 12-01-2003 at 12:27 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing floppy drive with solaris 8 Intel version

Ok heres the situation, I bought solaris 8 (intel version) for my home pc to practice with, I'm having problems accessing my floppy drive, I thought it would be in my dev or devices folder but its not there Please help, I'm very new to unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

scsi floppy drive addressing

Does anyone know of a site that documents the various addressing schemes used with SCSI floppy disk drives? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drew_Harrison
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 floppy drive problem

I have inserted a diskette but I don't see the files nor the floppy drive. These are the commands I ran. #volcheck -v #rmformat With rmformat, only the CD-ROM is listed. I don't see any floppy drive. How can I get my floppy drive to work?? I know it is connected b/c when I boot in XP, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sunfire 280R Can't Recognize Floppy Drive

Greetings all, I'm in a bit of a situation. I have this Sunfire 280R system that did not have a floppy drive in it, yet we needed one. We grabbed one from another Sun box we had laying around unused, and installed it. The system couldnt recognize it. Tried another floppy drive (non-sun) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snackiesmores
4 Replies

5. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Boot Floppy made in external drive

there is probably another post about this, i just can't find it on unix.com or google. basically, i am trying to make a boot floppy via CLI/terminal. the problem is that i use an external drive. when i do the first couple of steps, i get rejected. when i do the mounting and unmounting, all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
4 Replies

7. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 on ibm server, no floppy drive.

I cannot install sco on this particular ibm server because sco cannot find the raid controller and thefore the logical drive. I have a floppy disk that I use in other machines when boot: shows on the screen. I usually type restart link=ad320 and it works but this time i have no floppy drive. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX System V Mount Floppy Drive

I have recently installed UNIX SysV on an old computer to try and expand my general knowledge of computers. I want to install NASM on it so I can begin working on some assembly language, but I am having trouble accessing the floppy disk with the files I need. I've tried running mount /dev/fd0... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrentBANKS
23 Replies
CD(9)							   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						     CD(9)

NAME
cd -- CDROM driver for the CAM SCSI subsystem DESCRIPTION
The cd device driver provides a read only interface for CDROM drives (SCSI type 5) and WORM drives (SCSI type 4) that support CDROM type com- mands. Some drives do not behave as the driver expects. See the QUIRKS section for information on possible flags. QUIRKS
Each CD-ROM device can have different interpretations of the SCSI spec. This can lead to drives requiring special handling in the driver. The following is a list of quirks that the driver recognize. CD_Q_NO_TOUCH This flag tells the driver not to probe the drive at attach time to see if there is a disk in the drive and find out what size it is. This flag is currently unimplemented in the CAM cd driver. CD_Q_BCD_TRACKS This flag is for broken drives that return the track numbers in packed BCD instead of straight decimal. If the drive seems to skip tracks (tracks 10-15 are skipped) then you have a drive that is in need of this flag. CD_Q_NO_CHANGER This flag tells the driver that the device in question is not a changer. This is only necessary for a CDROM device with multiple luns that are not a part of a changer. CD_Q_CHANGER This flag tells the driver that the given device is a multi-lun changer. In general, the driver will figure this out auto- matically when it sees a LUN greater than 0. Setting this flag only has the effect of telling the driver to run the initial read capacity command for LUN 0 of the changer through the changer scheduling code. CD_Q_10_BYTE_ONLY This flag tells the driver that the given device only accepts 10 byte MODE SENSE/MODE SELECT commands. In general these types of quirks should not be added to the cd(4) driver. The reason is that the driver does several things to attempt to determine whether the drive in question needs 10 byte commands. First, it issues a CAM Path Inquiry command to determine whether the protocol that the drive speaks typically only allows 10 byte commands. (ATAPI and USB are two prominent exam- ples of protocols where you generally only want to send 10 byte commands.) Then, if it gets an ILLEGAL REQUEST error back from a 6 byte MODE SENSE or MODE SELECT command, it attempts to send the 10 byte version of the command instead. The only reason you would need a quirk is if your drive uses a protocol (e.g., SCSI) that typically does not have a problem with 6 byte commands. FILES
/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_cd.c is the driver source file. SEE ALSO
cd(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The cd manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by John-Mark Gurney <jmg@FreeBSD.org>. It was updated for CAM and FreeBSD 3.0 by Kenneth Merry <ken@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
March 25, 2014 BSD