Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format Problem with vim
Top Forums Programming Format Problem with vim Post 44067 by google on Friday 28th of November 2003 11:56:17 AM
Old 11-28-2003
Take a look in your home directory for a hidden file .exrc This is the vi customization file. Did you by chance delete it? or unwittingly modify it?

Here is a link for more information on setting it up and for customizing your vi options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

format problem

hey everyone, Im making a program that prints different patterns using * like this: * *** ***** ******* ***** *** * i am letting the user decide what the number of rows can be, i want the shape to appear on the left (60 spaces from the right) if it is even and on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV format problem

studentNo=$1 tmp=/tmp/acc2courses$ID.$$ grep -w "$studentNo" CSE1001 >/dev/null 2>&1 && echo CSE1001 >>$tmp grep -w "$studentNo" CSE1002 >/dev/null 2>&1 && echo CSE1002 >>$tmp grep -w "$studentNo" CSE9001 >/dev/null 2>&1 && echo CSE9001 >>$tmp This is my code, The output in tmp file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim problem

Can someone explain me why sometimes the cursor can not be moved to needed position? for example: mysql -u root db -sBe "ALTER TABLE $i ENGINE=$ENGINE"; echo -e "${GG}OK${BB}"; In this line I can not go to position after $i, why? This is not first time I see such issue. "INSERT" pressed :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail format problem:

i need to send 2 diff mail in a single script:Below the script #!/bin/ksh echo "enter the number" read num if then mail -s "test" unix@yahoo.com mail -s "test" 9886767000@nma.vodafone.in,9916138003@nma.vodafone.in else echo "test again" fi... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

encountering problem with vim

while entering into vim insert mode some garbage is getting printed in to the file could some one help to avoid this . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format problem

can any one know that how can i get perfect format of phone number my function is phone_number=`echo $name_number | awk '{print $NF}'` check=`echo $phone_number | egrep -c "--"` i get the format but if i need perfect format like xxx-xxx-xxxx. if i enter not in this format it still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunsavalia
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to map VIM cursor moving in InsertMode

Hi all What I want? I want in Insert mode, press Alt-hjkl move cursor, and then back to insert mode. I know ctrl-o, hjkl can do the job. but everytime I want to move, i have to press ctrl-o, or I have to count how many hjkl I will do, do a C-O (n)hjkl. What I tried (example only with 'j')... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk1418
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vim Match problem

Goodmorning, I've some problem in using regular expression in a VIM syntax configuration file. I've need to match a string as <<< some to match >>> so that it matches only some to match . With standard regular expression i know that for this goal works fine the regex: (?<=<{3}).*(?=>{3}) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keltron
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Problem

I have written a code in Linux environment which compares two dates and print "correct" if 1st date is less than 2nd date. But when I'm running the same code in SunOS environment, "date -d is an illegal format" is the error it is throwing. How different should my code be so that it executes well in... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandan_Bose
18 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::Link(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 WWW::Mechanize::Link(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::Link - Link object for WWW::Mechanize SYNOPSIS
Link object to encapsulate all the stuff that Mech needs but nobody wants to deal with as an array. Constructor new() my $link = WWW::Mechanize::Link->new( { url => $url, text => $text, name => $name, tag => $tag, base => $base, attr => $attr_href, } ); For compatibility, this older interface is also supported: new( $url, $text, $name, $tag, $base, $attr_href ) Creates and returns a new "WWW::Mechanize::Link" object. Accessors $link->url() URL from the link $link->text() Text of the link $link->name() NAME attribute from the source tag, if any. $link->tag() Tag name (one of: "a", "area", "frame", "iframe" or "meta"). $link->base() Base URL to which the links are relative. $link->attrs() Returns hash ref of all the attributes and attribute values in the tag. $link->URI() Returns the URL as a URI::URL object. $link->url_abs() Returns a URI::URL object for the absolute form of the string. SEE ALSO
WWW::Mechanize and WWW::Mechanize::Image COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2004-2010 Andy Lester. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: o the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or o the Artistic License version 2.0. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 WWW::Mechanize::Link(3pm)