Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gzip english version
Operating Systems SCO gzip english version Post 44065 by norsk hedensk on Friday 28th of November 2003 11:27:08 AM
Old 11-28-2003
you can extract *.tgz files with the same command you use for *.tar.gz and *.tar.

tar xvfz yourarchive.tgz

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please decode in English

Hello: Can anyone please decode this script in English. I have also made some comments which I know.. The actual script does not have one comment also.. #! /bin/ksh . odbmsprd_env.ksh #setting the env.. echo $0 Started at : `date '+%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S'` # what's echo $0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

LANG=C not English?

On Ubuntu 7.04, why would the "C" LANG parameter not be English: $ LANG=C locale LANG=C LANGUAGE=he_IL:he:en_GB:en LC_CTYPE="he_IL.utf8" LC_NUMERIC="he_IL.utf8" LC_TIME="he_IL.utf8" LC_COLLATE="he_IL.utf8" LC_MONETARY="he_IL.utf8" LC_MESSAGES="he_IL.utf8" LC_PAPER="he_IL.utf8"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Displaying the available locales in english

Hi, I am developing a program that would ask the user to set the locale. For that, I need to display them to user in plain english. like English(US) English (Uk) depending on the user selection I need to set the locale. Is there a command in redhat linux that would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate to normal english

lnode * head = temp; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert english to chinese

Hi Experts, Can anyone help me to convert a english input into chinese in a bash script. help would be highly appreciable. thanks, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gzip vs pipe gzip: produce different file size

Hi All, I have a random test file: test.txt, size: 146 $ ll test.txt $ 146 test.txt Take 1: $ cat test.txt | gzip > test.txt.gz $ ll test.txt.gz $ 124 test.txt.gz Take 2: $ gzip test.txt $ ll test.txt.gz $ 133 test.txt.gz As you can see, gzipping a file and piping into gzip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanfresco
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert number to english?

Hi gurus, I have a weird requirement. I need to convert the number to english lecture. I have 1.2 ....19 numbers I need to convert to first second third fourth, fifth, sixth... Is there any way convert it using unix command? thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
8 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-tar-out(1)