Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gzip english version
Operating Systems SCO gzip english version Post 44058 by mfran2002 on Friday 28th of November 2003 10:35:18 AM
Old 11-28-2003
Computer gzip english version

Hello,
i'm not skilled on unix, i'd like gzip/gunzip software and, ESPECIALLY, the detailed instructions for installation....please help me......i'm like a baby in unix world!!!!!

hello, thanks a lot!
mike

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please decode in English

Hello: Can anyone please decode this script in English. I have also made some comments which I know.. The actual script does not have one comment also.. #! /bin/ksh . odbmsprd_env.ksh #setting the env.. echo $0 Started at : `date '+%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S'` # what's echo $0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

LANG=C not English?

On Ubuntu 7.04, why would the "C" LANG parameter not be English: $ LANG=C locale LANG=C LANGUAGE=he_IL:he:en_GB:en LC_CTYPE="he_IL.utf8" LC_NUMERIC="he_IL.utf8" LC_TIME="he_IL.utf8" LC_COLLATE="he_IL.utf8" LC_MONETARY="he_IL.utf8" LC_MESSAGES="he_IL.utf8" LC_PAPER="he_IL.utf8"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Displaying the available locales in english

Hi, I am developing a program that would ask the user to set the locale. For that, I need to display them to user in plain english. like English(US) English (Uk) depending on the user selection I need to set the locale. Is there a command in redhat linux that would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate to normal english

lnode * head = temp; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert english to chinese

Hi Experts, Can anyone help me to convert a english input into chinese in a bash script. help would be highly appreciable. thanks, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gzip vs pipe gzip: produce different file size

Hi All, I have a random test file: test.txt, size: 146 $ ll test.txt $ 146 test.txt Take 1: $ cat test.txt | gzip > test.txt.gz $ ll test.txt.gz $ 124 test.txt.gz Take 2: $ gzip test.txt $ ll test.txt.gz $ 133 test.txt.gz As you can see, gzipping a file and piping into gzip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanfresco
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert number to english?

Hi gurus, I have a weird requirement. I need to convert the number to english lecture. I have 1.2 ....19 numbers I need to convert to first second third fourth, fifth, sixth... Is there any way convert it using unix command? thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
8 Replies
BABY(1)                                                       General Commands Manual                                                      BABY(1)

NAME
baby -- create new process from two parents SYNOPSIS
baby -sex [m|f] [-name name] DESCRIPTION
baby is initiated when one parent process polls another server process through a socket connection in the BSD version or through pipes in the System V implementation. baby runs at low priority for approximately forty weeks and then terminates with a heavy system load. Most systems require constant monitoring when baby reaches its final stages of execution. Older implementations of baby did not require both initiating processes to be present at the time of completion. In those versions the initiating process which was not present was awakened and notified of the results upon completion. It has since been determined that the presence of both parent processes result in a generally lower system load at completion, and thus current versions of baby expect both par- ent processes to be active during the final stages. Successful completion of baby results in the creation and naming of a new process. Parent processes then broadcast messages to all other processes, local and remote, informing them of their new status. OPTIONS
-sex define the gender of the created process -name assign the name name to the new process EXAMPLES
baby -sex f -name Jacqueline completed successfully on July 9, 1992 at 9:11pm. Jacqueline's vital statistics: 8 pounds 3 oz, 20 inches, long dark hair. The parent process, Kim Dunbar, is reportedly doing fine. SEE ALSO
cigar(6), dump(5), cry(3). BUGS
Despite its complexity, baby only knows one signal, SIGCHLD, (or SIGCLD in the System V implementation), which it uses to contact the par- ent processes. One or both parent processes must then inspect the baby process to determine the cause of the signal. The sleep(1) command may not work as expected on either parent process for some time afterward, as each new instance of baby sends inter- mittent signals to the parent processes which must be handled by the parents immediately. A baby process will frequently dump core, requiring either or both parent processes to clean up after it. Despite the reams of available documentation on invoking and maintaining baby, most parent processes are overwhelmed. AUTHORS
From a man page by Joe Beck, <beck@cs.ualberta.ca>. BABY(1)