Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C++ Editor for Linux MD9.1
Top Forums Programming C++ Editor for Linux MD9.1 Post 44014 by Arendo on Thursday 27th of November 2003 06:37:10 AM
Old 11-27-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by linuxpenguin
Hi,
what is MD9.1 (motiff ?)
MD9.1 = Mandrake 9.1(linux)

And thanks for all the replies :P Got another question, those editors you all posted, do they come with compilers and linkers as well? Or should I get a compiler from somewhere else?
Cause with my first question I actually meant an editor that has a compiler included, at school I use notepad and dmc(a command-line compiler). We don't have command-line access from within windows, but with a simple trick everyone can get around that :P

At home, at my windows pc I use notepad and borland visual C++ and dmc.

I'm thinking of using emacs at my linux pc, but I'm going to try Vi too. but I need a compiler too :P I'll go look over the internet, but some feedback here would be much appreciated!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

3. SuSE

<92> unknown character when opened with Vi editor in Linux

Hi, One of our applications has this string : xxx ¿ yyyyy We are on Linux Suse and the character set is en_US.UTF-8. Our requirement is to replace this special character ¿ with a space. When we open the file containing this string using VI editor we see the same character as <92> xxx... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxTest
10 Replies

4. Linux

Space bar issue in Vi editor on Linux - Solaris

Hi I have a process generating a file in Solaris. Now we have migrated the process to Linux. When we open the file in vi on solaris and hit space bar, it stops after reaching the end of line. But in linux it continues to go on the next line. So I want to know whether the difference is between the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

UNIX VI editor equivalent of LINUX

Hi All, I am comfortable working in LINUX and need equivalents for HP-UX for below mentioned, 1. We use TAB key to expand/reveal a name in LINUX. Is there any way to make this work for UNIX, where it is double escape. 2. Also can we use make use of left,down,up,right keys instead... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What is Your Favorite Editor for Linux and UNIX? | A Video in 1080 HD

We have asked UNIX.com users over the years what is their favorite editor and why. Here is the top three answers. Here is a new YT video on this question: What Editor Does Everyone Use? https://youtu.be/gqE8RTZZt9g Of course, vi was the overwhelming favorite. Credits: 1080 HD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm)

TITLE
Language::INTERCAL::Bytecode - intermediate language DESCRIPTION
The CLC-INTERCAL compiler works by producing bytecode from the program source; this bytecode can be interpreted to execute the program immediately; alternatively, a backend can produce something else from the bytecode, for example C or Perl source code which can then be compiled to your computer's native object format. The compiler itself is just some more bytecode. Thus, to produce the compiler you need a compiler compiler, and to produce that you need a compiler compiler compiler; to produce the latter you would need a compiler compiler compiler compiler, and so on to infinity. To simplify the programmer's life (eh?), the compiler compiler is able to compile itself, and is therefore identical to the compiler compiler compiler (etcetera). The programmer can start the process because a pre-compiled compiler compiler, in the form of bytecode, is provided with the CLC-INTERCAL distribution; this compiler compiler then is able to compile all other compilers, as well as to rebuild itself if need be. See the online manual or the HTML documentation included with the distribution for more information about this. SEE ALSO
A qualified psychiatrist AUTHOR
Claudio Calvelli - intercal (whirlpool) sdf.lonestar.org (Please include the word INTERLEAVING in the subject when emailing that address, or the email may be ignored) perl v5.8.8 2008-03-29 INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm)