Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Floppy drive problem.
Operating Systems BSD Floppy drive problem. Post 44007 by jsilva on Thursday 27th of November 2003 04:30:29 AM
Old 11-27-2003
Hi,

It looks like the floopy is trying to use an IO port that is being used by another device... Can you please do a devinfo -r and paste the results here ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing floppy drive with solaris 8 Intel version

Ok heres the situation, I bought solaris 8 (intel version) for my home pc to practice with, I'm having problems accessing my floppy drive, I thought it would be in my dev or devices folder but its not there Please help, I'm very new to unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

scsi floppy drive addressing

Does anyone know of a site that documents the various addressing schemes used with SCSI floppy disk drives? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drew_Harrison
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 floppy drive problem

I have inserted a diskette but I don't see the files nor the floppy drive. These are the commands I ran. #volcheck -v #rmformat With rmformat, only the CD-ROM is listed. I don't see any floppy drive. How can I get my floppy drive to work?? I know it is connected b/c when I boot in XP, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sunfire 280R Can't Recognize Floppy Drive

Greetings all, I'm in a bit of a situation. I have this Sunfire 280R system that did not have a floppy drive in it, yet we needed one. We grabbed one from another Sun box we had laying around unused, and installed it. The system couldnt recognize it. Tried another floppy drive (non-sun) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snackiesmores
4 Replies

5. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Boot Floppy made in external drive

there is probably another post about this, i just can't find it on unix.com or google. basically, i am trying to make a boot floppy via CLI/terminal. the problem is that i use an external drive. when i do the first couple of steps, i get rejected. when i do the mounting and unmounting, all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
4 Replies

7. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 on ibm server, no floppy drive.

I cannot install sco on this particular ibm server because sco cannot find the raid controller and thefore the logical drive. I have a floppy disk that I use in other machines when boot: shows on the screen. I usually type restart link=ad320 and it works but this time i have no floppy drive. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX System V Mount Floppy Drive

I have recently installed UNIX SysV on an old computer to try and expand my general knowledge of computers. I want to install NASM on it so I can begin working on some assembly language, but I am having trouble accessing the floppy disk with the files I need. I've tried running mount /dev/fd0... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrentBANKS
23 Replies
GETPROGNAME(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					    GETPROGNAME(3)

NAME
getprogname, setprogname -- get or set the program name LIBRARY
Utility functions from BSD systems (libbsd, -lbsd) SYNOPSIS
#include <bsd/stdlib.h> const char * getprogname(void); void setprogname(const char *progname); DESCRIPTION
The getprogname() and setprogname() functions manipulate the name of the current program. They are used by error-reporting routines to pro- duce consistent output. The getprogname() function returns the name of the program. If the name has not been set yet, it will return NULL. The setprogname() function sets the name of the program to be the last component of the progname argument. Since a pointer to the given string is kept as the program name, it should not be modified for the rest of the program's lifetime. In FreeBSD, the name of the program is set by the start-up code that is run before main(); thus, running setprogname() is not necessary. Programs that desire maximum portability should still call it; on another operating system, these functions may be implemented in a portabil- ity library. Calling setprogname() allows the aforementioned library to learn the program name without modifications to the start-up code. SEE ALSO
err(3), setproctitle(3) HISTORY
These functions first appeared in NetBSD 1.6, and made their way into FreeBSD 4.4. BSD
May 1, 2001 BSD