Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: root locked out
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers root locked out Post 43921 by andryk on Tuesday 25th of November 2003 06:25:58 AM
Old 11-25-2003
What about some exploit archive out there
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Enable locked root account

Hi Every one I disable the root account entering wrong password for many time How can I enable the root account I am using Tru64 Unix V4.0G Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

2. AIX

root account has been locked

I'am set the root account locked ON, using smitty, so I can't login or su with root user in my AIX system, some one can help me to unlock root account login ???, sample : :~>su root's Password: 3004-301 Your account has been locked; please see the system administrator. 3004-501 Cannot su to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maker
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Re-enabling a locked root account on Trusted HP-UX

I knew I had had seen this somewhere:Q: How can I re-enable my root account when I typed in my password wrong 3 times and the account got disabled? A: When your HP-UX system is in the more secure "trusted system" mode, your account is automatically disabled after you have entered your password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

5. AIX

locked a password

good morning just a confirmation, to lock a password for a user, we must to write 0 for password min age and password max age option ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

locked out!

:confused: I have an K580 HP server. All I did was change the IP address on the NIC and now I can't telnet into it. I can ping, but no telnet. Also, it won't boot if the console monitor is plugged in. ANY IDEAS??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

7. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who locked my id?

I am running Solaris 10. Occasionally, my id gets loked. I want to know who/which rougue process locked it. How do I find out? Thanks, KNK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamatam
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX root password locked out

hi all This morning I've had a request from the SAP guys that the root password for an old B.11.23 U ia64 machine had been locked out. On top of that the server does not have a console to it, and there are not other users on this system save for root user with permissions to login with ssh. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
3 Replies
ARCHIVE_WRITE_FILTER(3) 				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				   ARCHIVE_WRITE_FILTER(3)

NAME
archive_write_add_filter_bzip2, archive_write_add_filter_compress, archive_write_add_filter_gzip, archive_write_add_filter_lzip, archive_write_add_filter_lzma, archive_write_add_filter_none, archive_write_add_filter_program, archive_write_add_filter_xz LIBRARY
Streaming Archive Library (libarchive, -larchive) SYNOPSIS
#include <archive.h> int archive_write_add_filter_bzip2(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_compress(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_gzip(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_lzip(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_lzma(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_none(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_program(struct archive *, const char * cmd); int archive_write_add_filter_xz(struct archive *); DESCRIPTION
archive_write_add_filter_bzip2(), archive_write_add_filter_compress(), archive_write_add_filter_gzip(), archive_write_add_filter_lzip(), archive_write_add_filter_lzma(), archive_write_add_filter_xz(), The resulting archive will be compressed as specified. Note that the compressed output is always properly blocked. archive_write_add_filter_none() This is never necessary. It is provided only for backwards compatibility. archive_write_add_filter_program() The archive will be fed into the specified compression program. The output of that program is blocked and written to the client write callbacks. RETURN VALUES
These functions return ARCHIVE_OK on success, or ARCHIVE_FATAL. ERRORS
Detailed error codes and textual descriptions are available from the archive_errno() and archive_error_string() functions. SEE ALSO
tar(1), libarchive(3), archive_write(3), archive_write_format(3), archive_write_set_options(3), cpio(5), mtree(5), tar(5) BSD
February 2, 2012 BSD