Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redhat Linux?
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Redhat Linux? Post 43810 by google on Saturday 22nd of November 2003 09:38:47 AM
Old 11-22-2003
Check out this thread regarding Red Hats announcement regarding the Fedora Project. There are a couple of links that explain Red Hats new approach.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing RedHat Linux 7

Hey everybody. Its been awhile since I last posted but in short I am now in posession of RedHat Linux 7.0 which I got from a book called the RedHat 7 Bible. As this is not an official distribution I cannot get product support from RedHat so I decided to try here. I have three computers. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGoof
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat linux 7.3

hi, just installed redhat linux 7.3 on my server, and put it in gnome gui. Does anyone know what software i need to run a web server??? and what software i need to set up a proxy to secure it? also, if these are free to download, can you give me the links. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

RedHat Linux Cd

I am wondering if anyone has copies (or can burn me a copy) of RedHat Linux. I will pay shipping charges... I don't have a CD burner and i dont want to run it off of my hard drive... please email me at: empireinfo623@yahoo.com or baldwitm@muc.edu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedude623
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GUI for Redhat Linux

I just installed Redhat Linux 8.0 and I do not know how to get to my GUI Desktop. Right now I'm just in the shell please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savagebeast
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat linux version

Guys How do i know the version of linux (Redhat) on one of our systems..Thanks in advance..The uname -r gives 2.4.18-0.13..Is it the kernel version (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux RedHat. Help please.

I from russia. install rus Linux RedHat. When i load linux it ask me for user name and pass... and up of ask form label: Welcome to localhost... dont remember... what i want write in it? (sorry, bad english..:( ).. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sen
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat Linux?

I seen a pool that said Linux was the most popular Unix download. I then seen Redhat Linux is the most popular Linux download. Is there a difference? Is it the better program/s? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Pinky
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Redhat Linux 5

Can anyone help me outwith the post installation script.I'm newbie to scripting! i need to customize the post installation script using kickstart..here are the requirements to be set set permissions /etc/crontab =400 /etc/securetty=400 /etc/sysctl.conf=600 and following services to be set OFF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvkumar
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Redhat Linux 4 crashed

Hi, I am having redhat enterprise linux 4 machine with kernel version 2.6.9-39.EL.Whenever I ran some java applications related to mechanical the system got crashed and powered off. last output is as shown below. reboot system boot 2.6.9-39.EL Fri Sep 24 15:23 (01:43)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktrimu
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". After registering, your system can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server" or "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by Red Hat client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)