Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix OR Linux Cert?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix OR Linux Cert? Post 4379 by Neo on Monday 11th of June 2001 08:12:06 PM
Old 06-11-2001
I couldn't agree more! Make sure you search eBay for books, hardware, etc. in your quests! We purchase almost all of our server gear on eBay.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

Unix OR Linux Cert?

Hi, I am an NT MCSE who has decided to abandon the MSCE Win2K path and take the UNIX/Linux Path. But since I am very new to that field, I am not sure exactly what Certification I should get that would cover the biggest area of that field as possible. Not to mention if I should got with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliissa
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Cert.

Does anyone have the question or a practice exam for the Solaris 8 Certification. If so email me at (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenVPN 2.09 ns-cert-type ???

--ns-cert-type client|server Require that peer certificate was signed with an explicit nsCertType designation of "client" or "server". This is a useful security option for clients, to ensure that the host they connect with is a designated server. See the easy-rsa/build-key-server script for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux+ cert study question on cfdir

I came across a question studying for my Linux+ exam. The question deals with a customer who installed a new hard drive on a Linux system. Question asks what is the order of task to allow a MP3 collection to be put on the new drive. The answer given is cfdir, mkfs, mount. My question is what is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreday13
1 Replies

5. AIX

aix cert 223 need help.

Hi, a friend of mine passed there 223 last year and they gave me there testkiller document which was 65 questions, i am looking at doing my 223 exam and i have gone to testkiller recently and noticed there is an updated version which is now 383 questions. I did the ibm pre-exam and all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorted
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Thinking about taking a Sun OS Cert

What are your thoughts on the Sun Certified Solaris Associate (SCSAS) certification? Is it worth the effort or should I just by pass this and go straight into the Sun Certified System Administrator (SCSA) certification? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Question on Solaris Cert.

Hi, Last year, I took Solaris 9 part 1 certification and passed. Due to many things in my life I never took part 2. I am ready to take it now. But I see every one is using Solaris 10 now. In my company, we use 10 on few boxes but mostly we are still on Solaris 9. so my question is should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding SSL Cert Info

How do I find out the SSL cert info on the local server? How do I know if an ssl cert is installed on local server? How it was issued to? Who was the issuer? What's the expiration date? Any other relevant information? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scj2012
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cert Question

Good morning! Need a little advice as to which direction I should choose when it comes to certifications. My current position now is a RH Linux Administrator, and have been in the position for about 4 months. We are currently running RHEL 6.8 VM's, with no plans to moving to RHEL 7 no time soon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiveyb
0 Replies
PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)					       pkla-admin-identities					     PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)

NAME
pkla-admin-identities - List pklocalauthority-configured polkit administrators SYNOPSIS
pkla-admin-identities [--help] pkla-admin-identities [--config-path config-path] DESCRIPTION
pkla-admin-identities interprets configuration files described below to determine which users polkit(8) considers administrators, using a non-JavaScript configuration file format described below. Note: Determining which users are considered administrators is driven by JavaScript rules as described in polkit(8). pkla-admin-identities is called by a JavaScript rule file named 49-polkit-pkla-compat.rules; other JavaScript rules with a higher priority may exist, so the pkla-admin-identities configuration may not necessarily govern the final decision by polkit(8). The ordering of the JavaScript rule files and the ordering of pkla-admin-identities configuration files is not integrated and uses different rules; the pkla-admin-identities configuration evaluation is happens at a single point within the JavaScript rule evaluation order. pkla-admin-identities is an internal helper program of pkla-polkit-compat. You shouldn't need to run it directly, except for debugging purposes. Configuration is read from files with a .conf extension in the /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d directory. All files are read in lexicographical order (using the C locale), meaning that later files can override earlier ones. The file 50-localauthority.conf contains the settings provided by the OS vendor. Users and 3rd party packages can drop configuration files with a priority higher than 60 to change the defaults. The configuration file format is simple. Each configuration file is a key file (also commonly known as a ini file) with a single group called [Configuration]. Only a single key, AdminIdentities is read. The value of this key is a semi-colon separated list of identities that can be used when administrator authentication is required. Users are specified by prefixing the user name with unix-user:, groups of users are specified by prefixing with unix-group:, and netgroups of users are specified with unix-netgroup:. See the section called "EXAMPLE" for an example of a configuration file. pkla-admin-identities outputs the resulting configuration of administrator identities, one identity per line, using the same format (including e.g. the unix-user: prefix). If no administrator identities are configured in the above-described configuration files, the output will be empty. OPTIONS
-h, --help Write a summary of the available options to standard output and exit successfully. -c, --config-path=config-path Search for configuration files in config-path instead of the default /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d. EXIT STATUS
pkla-admin-identities exits with 0 on success (even if there are no administrator identities), and a non-zero status on error. FILES
/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d Default directory containing configuration files. EXAMPLE
The following .conf file [Configuration] AdminIdentities=unix-group:staff specifies that any user in the staff UNIX group can be used for authentication when administrator authentication is needed. This file would typically be installed in the /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d directory and given the name 60-desktop-policy.conf to ensure that it is evaluated after the 50-localauthority.conf file shipped with pkla-polkit-compat. If the local administrator wants to override this (suppose 60-desktop-policy.conf was shipped as part of the OS) he can simply create a file 99-my-admin-configuration.conf with the following content [Configuration] AdminIdentities=unix-user:lisa;unix-user:marge to specify that only the users lisa and marge can authenticate when administrator authentication is needed. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <davidz@redhat.com> with a lot of help from many others. Adapted by Miloslav Trma <mitr@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
polkit(8) polkit-pkla-compat May 2013 PKLA-ADMIN-IDENTIT(8)