Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: carriage return stamp online
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users carriage return stamp online Post 43717 by tullo on Friday 21st of November 2003 08:06:34 AM
Old 11-21-2003
DEFINITION

HI,

thanks for the answer, but i know the meaning of carriage return.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS PROGRAM ON MAINFRAME-MVS-CICS
WORK GOOD WITH THE CARRIAGE RETURN,
INSTEAD ON AIX-TXSERIES DON'T WORK GOOD

******** CARRIAGE RETURN
01 CAR-CR PIC S9(4) COMP VALUE +13.
01 CONTR-CR REDEFINES CAR-CR.
05 BYTE-CR1 PIC X.
05 BYTE-CR2 PIC X.

THANKS AGAIN

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

carriage return/line feeds

Hello, I have a file that has got carriage returns in it and I want to take them out. Anyone know how I can do this in a ksh? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitstop
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture carriage return.

I try to test the carriage return in a variable. $ LENGTH=`expr $VARIABLE : ".*"` will return the length of the variable. But this doesn't work if $VARIABLE has zero length. Any help will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance. Giovanni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dont want carriage return

I have observed with print & echo, they produce carriage return <CR> or newline, after they display string next to them. Is there anyway to avoide these <CR> after the intended string is displayed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

carriage return and linefeed

hi can anyone please tell me the difference between carriage return, linefeed and newline ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfi8er
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lost carriage return when assign

Hello . Now i have a different problem, lost "carriage return" when assigning a variable. The assignation is done in a peculair way but its ok. The variable "v_tmp" have spaces and carriage return. Its created with v_tmp=`echo $i | awk '.........'` And the assignation where i lost all the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 carriage return within a record

Hi all, need your help in replacing carriage return in a record. Input: col1|col2|col3|col4|col5|col6|col7|col8|col9|col10 1|aa|bb|cc|dd|eee eee|ff|ggggg|hh hhh|iii 2|zz|yy|xx|ww|vv|uu|tt|ss|rr Output: col1|col2|col3|col4|col5|col6|col7|col8|col9|col10... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search_Replace with a Carriage Return

Hey folks, I've been working on this for some time. Seems simple, but I'm stumped. I need the following data format: New_York:Commercial Geology Geophysics Petrophysics Production_Engineering Reservoir_Engineering Pasadena:Commercial ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carriage return ksh

Hello, How do i usecarriage return in ksh. I want to do an echo "bla bla" and another echo "bla bla" will appear and replace the first echo on screen. I tried: until ; do echo "bla bla \r" done please advice. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute \n with carriage return

Hello all, I've a flat file in the following format: AB\001\CDED\001\ABC\001\nEG\001\HIJF\001\EFG\001\nHI\003\HIUL\003\HIJ\003 And I want to substitute \n with the carriage return. Any help is appreciated! Regards, - Seth (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethmj
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove carriage return

I need to remove the carriage return comes inbetween the record. Need to have CR only at the end. I used the below command. tr -d '\n' < filewithcarriagereturns > filewithoutcarriagereturns But its removing all the CR and giving one line output. Input File: 12345 abcdegh... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srvn_saru
11 Replies
PIC2GRAPH(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PIC2GRAPH(1)

NAME
pic2graph - convert a PIC diagram into a cropped image SYNOPSIS
pic2graph [ -unsafe ] [ -format fmt ] [ -eqn delim ] DESCRIPTION
Reads a PIC program as input; produces an image file (by default in Portable Network Graphics format) suitable for the Web as output. Also translates eqn(1) constructs, so it can be used for generating images of mathematical formulae. PIC is a rather expressive graphics minilanguage suitable for producing box-and-arrow diagrams of the kind frequently used in technical papers and textbooks. The language is sufficiently flexible to be quite useful for state charts, Petri-net diagrams, flow charts, simple circuit schematics, jumper layouts, and other kinds of illustration involving repetitive uses of simple geometric forms and splines. Because PIC descriptions are procedural and object-based, they are both compact and easy to modify. The PIC language is fully documented in Making Pictures With GNU PIC, a document which is part of the groff(1) distribution. Your input PIC code should not be wrapped with the .PS and .PE macros that normally guard it within groff(1) macros. The output image will be clipped to the smallest possible bounding box that contains all the black pixels. Older versions of convert(1) will produce a black-on-white graphic; newer ones may produce a black-on-transparent graphic. By specifying command-line options to be passed to convert(1) you can give it a border, force the background transparent, set the image's pixel density, or perform other useful transformations. This program uses pic(1), eqn(1), groff(1), gs(1), and the ImageMagick convert(1) program. These programs must be installed on your system and accessible on your $PATH for pic2graph to work. OPTIONS
-unsafe Run pic(1) and groff(1) in the `unsafe' mode enabling the PIC macro sh to execute arbitrary commands. The default is to forbid this. -format fmt Specify an output format; the default is PNG (Portable Network Graphics). Any format that convert(1) can emit is supported. -eqn delim Change the fencepost characters that delimit eqn(1) directives ($ and $, by default). This option requires an argument, but an empty string is accepted as a directive to disable eqn(1) processing. Command-line switches and arguments not listed above are passed to convert(1). FILES
/usr/share/groff/1.21/tmac/eqnrc The eqn(1) initialization file. ENVIRONMENT
GROFF_TMPDIR The directory in which temporary files will be created. If this is not set pic2graph searches the environment variables TMPDIR, TMP, and TEMP (in that order). Otherwise, temporary files will be created in /tmp. BUGS
Due to changes in the behavior of ImageMagick convert(1) that are both forward and backward-incompatible, mismatches between your pic2graph and convert(1) versions may produce zero-sized or untrimmed output images. For this version of pic2graph you will need a version of convert(1) that supports the -trim option; older versions of pic2graph used -crop 0x0, which no longer has trimming behavior. SEE ALSO
eqn2graph(1), grap2graph(1), pic(1), eqn(1), groff(1), gs(1), convert(1). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com>, based on a recipe by W. Richard Stevens. Groff Version 1.21 31 December 2010 PIC2GRAPH(1)