Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Smaller splash graphic
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Smaller splash graphic Post 43695 by cbkihong on Thursday 20th of November 2003 11:00:19 PM
Old 11-21-2003
You can change the theme set in the user cp. Some themes like the one I am using do not have a top banner image at all.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Graphic apps

We have app. 20.000 UNIX boxes running mainly Solaris 2.4. Among other things we produce product documentation and have previously used Island Draw to produce images and such. Where do I find objective reviews of similar software packages, have any1 of you done any evaluation? I´ve searched this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredrikB
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

graphic problems

Hallo, Is there anyone you is an expert in old sparc hardware ? I have a problem with my "new" ( sparc 20 ,2xCPU,250MB) sparc. For me it is not possible to enhanc the colors of my graphic adaptor.(STP3010PGA TURBOXGX SUN) Is there a chance to adjust more then 256 colors ? Please help my ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joerg
1 Replies

3. Programming

Issue Related to Splash Screen

Hi Guys, I am working with Solaris 9 and we are developing the application which will work on different OS.So we develop the GUI using JAVA swings... we want to display a Splash screen before starting the installation of the application... 1st we develop our application for windows and it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

4. Programming

Issue Related to Splash Screen in Java

Hi all, Actually I want to flash the image which I have in my system and when I am trying to do it,it is not showing it.simply creates the frame but not displaying the image.I am attaching the code-- Please take a look on it and please provide your valuable suggestions on it so that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Graphic application

Hi, do you know any Open source software , equivalent to Lightroom 1.1 of Adob ? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

grub splash screen not displayed

I re-installed grub on /dev/sdb on a 3ware raid machine and now the grub splash screen is not displayed when booting. Server when boots up comes and halt in the grub menu and I need to manually load kernel and initrd to get the machine up. I have not changed any grub setting. I used the command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

XUbuntu Live CD customizing using uck-gui. - Splash screen not changing

Hi all, I am customizing the Xubuntu 12.04 live cd.. Using uck-gui , i extracted the iso file and mounted in a location. Can anyone please help me out how to proceed with removing the splash screen ( the screen that gives loading image with xubuntu logo) or to change the logo that is in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XUbuntu Live CD customizing using uck-gui. - Splash screen not changing

Hi all, I am customizing the Xubuntu 12.04 live cd.. Using uck-gui , i extracted the iso file and mounted in a location. Can anyone please help me out how to proceed with removing the splash screen ( the screen that gives loading image with xubuntu logo) or to change the logo that is in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

IBM eServer X 335 stops boot process at Server splash screen

Hi there. I used to use linux a lot a number of years ago but it has been quite a while so ?I really consider myself a beginner again. I have an old IBM eServer X Series 335 machine and I want to get it back up and running for a number of reasons. I knew that one of the SCSI drives was bad and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filch2
2 Replies
metacity(1)							   User Commands						       metacity(1)

NAME
metacity, metacity--theme-viewer - GNOME desktop window manager, theme viewer for the metacity window manager themes SYNOPSIS
metacity [--sm-disable] [--sm-save-file=filename] [--display=display] [--replace] [--version] metacity-theme-viewer [theme-name] DESCRIPTION
metacity is a fully integrated window manager that uses GTK+ for UI elements. metacity communicates closely with the panel and other desk- top elements. To configure metacity, use the GNOME preferences dialogs. metacity-theme-viewer is an application for testing and displaying metacity themes. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --display=displaSpecify the remote X Display to be used by the window manager, where display is in the following format: hostname:displaynumber.screennumber --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. --replace A metacity started with the ---replaceoption will replace an existing metacity. --sm-disable Disable the connection to the session manager. --sm-save-file=fSpecifies the session management file to be used. By default, the $HOME/.metacity/sessions file is used. --version Display the version information for the metacity command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: -theme-name Specifies the theme that metacity should use. If no theme is specified on the metacity-theme-viewer command line, metacity loads the Crux theme. An error message is displayed if the theme does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting metacity From the Command Line When a metacity is Already Running example% metacity --replace Example 2: Starting metacity With a Non-Default Session Management File example% metacity --sm-save-file=filename EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/metacity The command-line executable for the application. /usr/bin/metacity--themeTheecommand-line executable for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-wm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 metacity(1)