Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Kick off Application on PC from Sun Post 43670 by linuxpenguin on Thursday 20th of November 2003 06:01:34 PM
Old 11-20-2003
Hi,

Dont know if this may sound too complex, but here is what I would have done (offcourse only if i had known windows programming Smilie )

you can have your solaris application open a socket and listen on a port and a socket on windows that would write to this port after completion of the job, thus notifying it. once the solaris socket gets this info it can then continue with what you want it to continue with Smilie

I can tell you further on the unix side of this, for windows please spare me !!

Warm
Regards

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun T1000 application low performance

Hello All. I have Sun T1000 server with Solaris 10. On T1000 installed EMC smarts, application for monitoring network devices via SNMP + SNMP. So, Smarts has own DB (contains object - devices and relationships), file takes 30 mb, now, all queries to DB works very slow, so Smarts works too slow,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemulll
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

sun java application server 8.2

i had a confusion on the installed directory of my application server a. if I create a domain w/o putting in directory, the domain automatically goes to /var/appserver/domains directory. I need it to be under /opt/SUNWappserver/domains.. If I will include this in domain creation, may logs are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies
efax-gtk-socket-client(1)				      General Commands Manual					 efax-gtk-socket-client(1)

NAME
efax-gtk-socket-client - a client of efax-gtk to work with lpd/lprng SYNOPSIS
efax-gtk-socket-client [hostname] [port] DESCRIPTION
This program enables lpd/lprng to access the efax-gtk socket server. Meaning the user can send faxes to a printer, which will ack as a fax. It takes two arguments - first a hostname to connect to, and secondly a port number at that hostname to connect to. All efax-gtk-socket- client does is to read from standard input (in this case from lpd/lprng) and passes it to a socket at the hostname and port number passed as arguments to it (namely the hostname of the computer efax-gtk is running on - normally you would specify localhost - and the port number of the socket). fax: :sd=/var/spool/fax: :mx#0: :sh: :lp=/dev/null: :if=/var/spool/fax/efax-gtk-faxfilter: This will cause a printer by the name of "fax" to be available, which (if printed to) will send the file to the efax-gtk socket server. If you set efax-gtk to listen on a port other than port 9900, you will need to amend the file /var/spool/fax/efax-gtk-faxfilter by hand to specify the correct port number on which efax-gtk is listening. Don't forget to restart the lpd printer daemon after amending /etc/printcap. OPTIONS
[ hostname ] - The name of the host to listen to. Usually should be locahlhost. [ port ] - the port number to listen to on the [ hostname ]. SEE ALSO
efax(1), efax-gtk(1). AUTHOR
efax-gtk-socket-client was written by Chris Vine <chris@cvine.freeserve.co.uk>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 18, 2006 efax-gtk-socket-client(1)