Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Kick off Application on PC from Sun Post 43659 by kduffin on Thursday 20th of November 2003 01:44:47 PM
Old 11-20-2003
Providing more information about the applications would be helpful.

Let me prelude this with the following statement: There are probably better ways to do this. There are RPC abilities within Windows, but I have no experience with them.

You could always install Cygwin on your Windows system to give you unix like facilities to communicate with (http://cygwin.com/).

Cheers,

Keith

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun T1000 application low performance

Hello All. I have Sun T1000 server with Solaris 10. On T1000 installed EMC smarts, application for monitoring network devices via SNMP + SNMP. So, Smarts has own DB (contains object - devices and relationships), file takes 30 mb, now, all queries to DB works very slow, so Smarts works too slow,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemulll
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

sun java application server 8.2

i had a confusion on the installed directory of my application server a. if I create a domain w/o putting in directory, the domain automatically goes to /var/appserver/domains directory. I need it to be under /opt/SUNWappserver/domains.. If I will include this in domain creation, may logs are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies
Net::LDAPI(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Net::LDAPI(3)

NAME
Net::LDAPI - use LDAP over a UNIX domain socket SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAPI; $ldapi = Net::LDAPI->new('/var/run/ldapi'); # alternate way use Net::LDAP; $ldapi = Net::LDAP->new('ldapi://'); DESCRIPTION
Communicate using the LDAP protocol to a directory server using a UNIX domain socket. This mechanism is non-standard, UNIX-specific and not widely supported. All the normal "Net::LDAP" methods can be used with a "Net::LDAPI" object; see Net::LDAP for details. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [SOCKPATH] ) Create a new connection. SOCKPATH can optionally be specified, to specify the location of the UNIX domain socket to connect to. If SOCKPATH is not given, the environment variable "LDAPI_SOCK" is evaluated, and if that does not exist, the value "/var/run/ldapi" is used. See "new" in Net::LDAP for further details. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, IO::Socket::UNIX BUGS
None yet. AUTHOR
Derrik Pates <dpates@dsdk12.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2004, Derrik Pates and Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-21 Net::LDAPI(3)