Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rsh command in a while loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsh command in a while loop Post 43599 by Nicol on Wednesday 19th of November 2003 12:08:23 PM
Old 11-19-2003
Thanks a lot !

"how to do it simple when i can do it very complicated" is my saying (joke)

my script is quite finish and also more legible !

christian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsh command

Newbie here, I want to add a line to our 3D rendering scripts that will send an email to the animators once a scene has finished rendering. The 3D scripts are on the client hosts and the sendmail setup on the server. I tried using a rsh line in the script as follows rsh root@blah echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamethrower
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh command

Hi, I'm performing a data migration from an Ingres db to an Oracle db. The ingres database lives on a unix host running "UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0 (SunOS 5.5.1) ", while the Oracle database lives on another unix host running "SunOS 5.8". Part of the migration is to remotely run Oracle's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strpeski
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh and for loop

hi I wanted to use the for loop structure in tandem with rsh command and the result to be redirected into a local .lst file within a shell script . Tried the following but does not help :confused: . rsh ABCD "cd /bosp/local/home/linus/;for i in `ls -ltr | grep ^- | awk {'print $9'}` do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbee2005
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

While read loop and rsh

Hi all I have a while read loop that I use to process a file line by line. The reason I am using this is due the fact that I have spaces in the line and a for loop treats the space as a delimeter for the next record. In this while loop I have a rsh. It appears that cos of the rsh, I never get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 104234
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh command

Hi, I am a beginner and i want to seek help I want to use the rsh command. Is there a possibility that i can do it without the system password I am planning to make a csh script that could browse/copy files from diferent workstations. thank you.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wramonzon
5 Replies

6. Linux

rsh command

we want to execute remote script via rsh (we just only should use rsh except others),but rsh command can not set environment variable for specify user, then scripts can not be executed correctly,anyone knows how to fix this problem? thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh breaking me out of loop

Hey all I have two scripts, one script containing the guts of my code. The other simply loops through a list, calling the other script on each iteration. Problem is when I add the line `/usr/bin/rsh -l root $HOSTNAME ""` to my main script, the loop never seems to exectute any more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mark007
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh script with inside a for loop

hi everyone, I have the following problem: the foreach loop inside rsh doesn'work. I have tried the for command but it's not recognized. with the foreach command I don't receive any error, but it doesn't really make the cycle, ignoring the foreach and executing 1 time the echo command. Anyone has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trekianov
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, double variable, for loop and rsh

Hello folks, I've a (perhaps) simple question. In a text file I've : server_name1: directory1 server_name2: directory2 server_name3: directory3 I want to make a loop that lets me connect and operate on every server: rsh server_name1 "ls -l directory1" I've tried with awk,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsh reboot in a loop?

Hi folks. I'm trying to get the following script working for rebooting a bunch of clients. Up to now I've been using PSSH, but when they all startup again at the same time I get a few mount problems. So, I'm trying to stagger the reboot command. I know reboot will depend on what's running at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
3 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -jn m Join on the mth field of file n. If n is missing, use the mth field in each file. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specifed in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. JOIN(1)