Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paths update
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Paths update Post 4359 by ober5861 on Tuesday 24th of July 2001 02:57:06 PM
Old 07-24-2001
This is slightly off the subject, but is that how you set global variables like PATH, EDITOR, etc.?

As in EDITOR = $EDITOR:/blah/blah

???

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paths

Hi there! People, i'm a new unix user, and i'm having some problems... I'm updating some scripts (korn shell) in different servers. I use telnet to access these servers and emacs to write the scripts. One of them is an HP, and there´s no problem. But the other one is an AIX, and when i call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caiohn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create paths

Hello! If I have file like that: AAA ->bbb ->ccc ->ddd ->eee how to create full paths like: AAA->bbb AAA->ccc->ddd AAA->ccc->eee ? (I'm sorry for mistakes - english is not my native language) :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alias47
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spoofing paths.

There is a program that I am trying to run on a shell account. It depends on another program, which I have also copied to the shell account. Both are in my home directory, yet the first program has a different path hardcoded into it, which I cannot use because of permissions problems. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsadah
3 Replies

4. AIX

Storage paths

Have connected a non-IBM storage device to AIX host via fibre channel. If the storage is rebooted or a raid controller fails over whilst connected to the host, the paths that drop do not come back online when the ports become active again. I have tried enabling dynamic tracking and delayed_fail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storeman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute and Relative Paths?

Can someone cofirm that I have got the paths correct here? :confused: $PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='/tmp'; #$PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='home/tmp'; $PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = '/temp_images'; #$PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = 'home/public_html/Midwich/temp_images'; Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stubie
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Possible Career Paths

I've read through a couple of forum posts on Career issues but wanted to get some feedback that may be more personalized and whatnot. I am brand new to the world of UNIX and Linux and while I am finding the learning curve rather steep, I find it highly rewarding and am overall enjoying the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntreilly25
2 Replies

7. Programming

Can't find paths.h

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I am trying to compile logsurfer. After I run configure and the make, I get a complaint that paths.h is not found. I see three places where there is a paths.h: /usr/include/pgsql/server/optimizer/paths.h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem understanding Paths

If I don't explain my issue well enough, I apologize ahead of time, extreme newbie here to scripting. I'm currently learning scripting from books and have moved on to the text Wicked Cool Shell Scripts by Dave Taylor, but there are still basic concepts that I'm having trouble understanding. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chasman78
10 Replies

9. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies
Config::Pit(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Config::Pit(3pm)

NAME
Config::Pit - Manage settings SYNOPSIS
use Config::Pit; my $config = pit_get("example.com", require => { "username" => "your username on example", "password" => "your password on example" }); # if the fields are not set, open setting by $EDITOR # with YAML-dumped default values (specified at C<require>). # use $config->{username}, $config->{password} DESCRIPTION
Config::Pit is account setting management library. This library automates editing settings used in scripts. Original library is written in Ruby and published as pit gem with management command. You can install it by rubygems: $ sudo gem install pit $ pit set example.com # open setting of example.com with $EDITOR. And Config::Pit provides ppit command which is pit command written in Perl. See: $ ppit help FUNCTIONS
Config::Pit::get(setting_name, opts) Get setting named "setting_name" from current profile. my $config = Config::Pit::get("example.com"); This is same as below: my $config = pit_get("example.com"); opts: require Specify fields you want as key and hint (description or default value) of the field as value. my $config = pit_get("example.com", require => { "username" => "your username on example.com", "password" => "your password on example.com" }); "require" specified, module check the required fields all exist in setting. If not exist, open the setting by $EDITOR with merged setting with current setting. Config::Pit::set(setting_name, opts) Set setting named "setting_name" to current profile. Config::Pit::set("example.com"); #=> will open setting with $EDITOR opts: data Config::Pit::set("example.com", data => { username => "foobar", password => "barbaz", }); When "data" specified, will not open $EDITOR and set the data directly. config Config::Pit::set("example.com", config => { username => "config description or default value", password => "same as above", }); Open $EDITOR with merged setting with specified config. Config::Pit::switch(profile_name); Switch profile to "profile_name". Profile is setting set: $ pit get foobar # foo bar... $ pit switch devel Switch profile to devel $ pit get foobar # bar baz $ pit switch Switch profile to default $ pit get foobar # foo bar... AUTHOR
cho45 <cho45@lowreal.net> LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
<http://lowreal.rubyforge.org/pit/> is pit in Ruby. bin/ppit is pit command in Perl. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-14 Config::Pit(3pm)