Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk Formated with NTFS
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Disk Formated with NTFS Post 43583 by jsilva on Wednesday 19th of November 2003 10:27:08 AM
Old 11-19-2003
Hi,

First check if your linux box supports ntfs... if it does, mount it with:
mount /dev/your_ntfs_partition /your_mountpoint -t vfat -r -o umask=0222

like pressy said, ntfs module is experimental code... use with care...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

1.44mb disk formated = 1.38mb left??

I was formating a couple of floppy disks, to make room for a ftp install of suse. However, the files you are suposed to put on the floppys are 1.4 mb. I thought "Fine, I have a 1.44 mb disk here". But appearantly windows uses 600kb on....tmp files or something. If anyone knows how I might fix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-wizz
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Mounting USB NTFS External Disk R/W on OSX

Does anyone know an easy way to mount an NTFS (NT File System) external backup drive R/W on OSX? I use one backup drive for both my XP and OSX files via a USB interface. On XP it mounts R/W. On OSX it mounts Read Only :-( I'm growing weary of using flash drives and burning CDs to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing tab-formated output of command w/bash

I have a command that when ran it will have an output such as string LongerString string2 longerString2 More MoreStrings seperated by tabs. The command lists domains and their accounts set up in my server admin software (interworx). The end result will be that it will run rsync for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweede
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find a formated o/p

hi i have a file which is having a.txt name aaa work business emp since 2oct office delhi name aba work business emp since 6oct name abc work shopper emp since ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a formated text file

Hi, I have written a BASH shell script (included below) which will allow me to monitor my blood pressure. The script computes the mean of 5 user input systolic, diastolic, and heart rate values. I would like the script to then append these three values to their respective columns in a text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recover a mistaken swap-formated USB-HD

Hi! Installing the debian wheezy by netinstall my external USB-HD (2TB) is erroneously completly formated as swap-filesystem. I was to lazy to disconnect the USB-HD, so now i could kick myself . Is there any chance to rescue the data. I tried to find a way by using gparted: the whole HD is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Ntfs-3g help?

I am trying to get ntfs-3g to work, so I can mount ntfs partitions. I installed ntfs-3g from SFE - Software Packages for Solaris, OpenIndiana and OmniOS | Get your favourite software for (TM) Solaris 11, OpenIndiana Hipster, OmniOS as ready-to-use IPS packages Repository There are VLC, Wine, etc.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
0 Replies
NTFSFIX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NTFSFIX(8)

NAME
ntfsfix - fix common errors and force Windows to check NTFS SYNOPSIS
ntfsfix [options] device DESCRIPTION
ntfsfix is a utility that fixes some common NTFS problems. ntfsfix is NOT a Linux version of chkdsk. It only repairs some fundamental NTFS inconsistencies, resets the NTFS journal file and schedules an NTFS consistency check for the first boot into Windows. You may run ntfsfix on an NTFS volume if you think it was damaged by Windows or some other way and it can't be mounted. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of all the options that ntfsfix accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name. -h, --help Show a list of options with a brief description of each one. -V, --version Show the version number, copyright and license BUGS
There are no known problems with ntfsfix. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team: linux-ntfs-dev@lists.sourceforge.net AUTHORS
ntfsfix was written by Anton Altaparmakov, with contributions from Szabolcs Szakacsits. AVAILABILITY
ntfsfix is part of the ntfsprogs package and is available from: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/19/37 The manual pages are available online at: http://man.linux-ntfs.org/ SEE ALSO
mkntfs(8), ntfsprogs(8) ntfsprogs 1.13.1 January 2006 NTFSFIX(8)