Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Quick Poll: Solaris IP Multipathing Post 43548 by kduffin on Wednesday 19th of November 2003 12:03:22 AM
Old 11-19-2003
Quick Poll: Solaris IP Multipathing

I've setup Solaris IP Multipathing under Solaris whenever the hardware to do so was available. I find it amazing though that so few places I've worked at don't use it until I arrive. I wanted to find out if I'm running into all the exceptions, or is it really not being used? http://www.duffin.org/solaris/ipmultipath.html

Cheers,

Keith

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Quick question about Solaris =)

:D Just curious, I know that solaris 2.0-2.x_present are System V UNIX... But, I have only used Solaris 10, 9 and 2.5... On a 2.5 Sparc box, after you login you get presented with the usual SunOS 5.5.1 then UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0 I know Solaris 9 and 10 do not include this banner... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssorel
0 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris multipathing

I have solaris 10 sparc. I installed a Qlogic hba card. This card is connected on a brocade switch and the brocade is connected on 2 different controllers on a Hitachi disk bay. I formated 2 luns. On my solaris system, i have 4 disk. How to configure solaris 10 to fix the dual disk view. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris IP Multipathing (IPMP) Help

Hello All, I work for a Health care company at a local trauma hospital. I maintain a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PAC's). Basically, any medical images (X-Ray, CT, MRI, Mammo, etc) are stored digitally on the servers for viewing and dictation from diagnostic stations. I took over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegeek
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris IP Multipathing

Hi, I saw your post on the forums about how to setup IP multipathing. I wanted your help on the below situation . I have 2 servers A and B . Now they should be connected to 2 network switches . S1 and S2. Now is it possible to have IP Multipathing on each of the servers as follows ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maadhuu
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Disable Inbuilt multipathing software of Solaris 10

Dear UNIX Gurus I need to know how to disable MPXIO feature (Inbuilt multipathing software of Solaris 10) as we are going to implemented iSCSI EMC based SAN. I am bit new to this feature so kindly suggest how to disable it Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris multipathing

Hai we using emc storage which is conneted to M5000 through san switch. we asign 13 luns but in server it is showing 22 luns. i enable the solaris multipathing (MPxIO) #more /kernel/drv/fp.conf in that file MPxio-disable=no #mpathadm list lu it shows ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshmani
2 Replies

7. Solaris

ZeusIOPS multipathing failed Solaris 11

hi, just installed solaris 11.1 (11.1.9.5.1) on a sun7410 ZFSSA (x4440 + j4400), but when I enable multipathing with "stmsboot -e", only the 1TB SATA drives inside the j4400 are configured as multipathed vhci / mpxio devices, but the logzillas / ZeusIOPS drives are skipped. the server is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
0 Replies