Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Training
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Training Post 43537 by kduffin on Tuesday 18th of November 2003 10:48:31 PM
Old 11-18-2003
There is a post in the FAQ section regarding some worthwhile books to read. See https://www.unix.com/new-to-unix-which-books-should-i-read-/?s= .

Cheers,

Keith

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Fundamentals - Training

Does anyone know of some companies in the United States, preferably close to Utah that teach a crash course like for a week on UNIX fundamentals? I have looked everywhere on the net for such places, but have yet to find such a company. Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quintak
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unix Familiarisation Training

As a civilian Admin clerk with a government dept I have been asked to locate a training firm who provides Unix familiarisation training - this request has come from a dept which includes Air Traffic Controller & Radio Technicians. I am not personally familiar with Unix and have been unable to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heather K-Ryan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix training Video's

Hello any body knows a website that can Purchase and download Video training for unix ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickedsoul
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Training?

At work I have to restart applications and install upgrades to applications running on Solaris 10. Its pretty basic stuff but I have little experience of Unix so it can be a bit hairy at times. Work have offered to send me on some training but I have to select the course/training. I'm not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Training-where, when etc.

I'm being asked to go and take a training course in Advanced Unix and Perl. The main reason is the amount of information needed to get up to speed a short period of time, which is what we're limited on. Travel is fine. Can anyone suggest a good resource for researching the where and when for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavineq
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

training unix set up for a p.c.

I'm looking for a free unix download(for a p.c. which I think is running xp) to simulate or mirror a unix operating system to teach a friend basic unix skills for an interview. I saw the solaris link, but couldn't really tell if it would work on a p.c. And I don't want to mess with his operating... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmtemp
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic UNIX Training

I'm wondering where a good place to start is for basic UNIX training. Due to a shift of responsibilities at work, I am now the admin for a product called AutoSys. I have close to zero knowledge in the subject area. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cjw_55106
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix online training

Hi, I am very new to unix shell scripting.I want to learn shell scripting to a moderate level. could any one of you suggest me who can give an online training on unix shell scripting . I am opting for online training as I am working in day hours . If any experts here are giving any online... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
2 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)