Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp permissions error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp permissions error Post 4334 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 24th of July 2001 09:15:23 AM
Old 07-24-2001
as yellowfish said. It deffinetly sounds like a permission problem on either the NT server or the Unix Directory you are trying to upload to.

It is kinda fuzzy but what i make out is you get an error when pulling files from the UNIX (files resides here) => NT. correct? if so from the error you stated sounds like a UNIX permission problem. If it is NT (file resides here) => UNIX. then it would be a NT permission problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp file with full permissions

I am running sco openserver 5.0.6 and I was wondering if I could ftp files to one of my other servers and that file have full permissions set automatically on the new server. I have searched the internet and manned chmod chown and ftp but they only seem to talk about giving the permissions after... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

Insufficient permissions on ftp'ed files from WIN2K to HP-UX

We have an application running on Win2K and this application ftp files to HP-UX using ftpdc as user id. The files are created in HP-UX with following permissions: -rw-r----- 1 ftpdc users 968321 Apr 12 22:57 aaaa.txt There is a job that runs on HP-UX trying to modify this file using the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamika
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenBSD Ftp permissions problems - help!!

Hello, Ok I have a couple of little problems that I can't for the life of me work out how to solve. I wasn't involved in setting the server up, I've just "inherited" the support for it. I've done my best to be a good little newbie, researched articles, tried things out and managed to only get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andy68man
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to run my own FTP server without root permissions

Hi all, I need your help with this problem. I have my own ftp server implemented in java. If I start it as root it is successfully binded to port 21 and everything works. Now I want to run it as non-root user, but for binding to port 21 it needs root rights. How to solve it? I alrady try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giorgione
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to retain file permissions during FTP on Solaris 5.9 ?

Hi All, I am trying to ftp a file : -rw-rw-rw- 1 oraclepbdw dba filename.txt from Machine A ( where umask is 022) to Machine B (umask 022) but the file changes to -rw-rw-r-- 1 ftpamle3 ftaml filename.txt Dur some constraints the group of the users on either side... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Permissions

Hi Guys, I am trying to grant FTP acccess to my server for a WebDesigner to be able to upload live and see how it looks online. I created a new user (WebDes:tomcatUsers) and created his home dir as /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/uPhoto/ and then made sure he CHROOT's to his home dir so he only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boarderstu
1 Replies

7. AIX

FTP file permissions

Hi all, I am using ftp command to transfer a file from one AIX5.3 box to different box with the same OS level. Is there a way I could change the permissions on the file once its transferred, as I am automating the process but the file permissions on the target does not allow other users to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permissions on ftp...

hi, how can I see permissions through ftp connection ? I can't see them using "ls -l" as in the local system.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions Issues FTP server

Hi all, Quick question, im going to find this a bit hard to explain but ill give it a go. Basically i have an admin account on an FTP server that i want to be able to control ALL files without having to use sudo (as i need to run cron scripts to move files that are owned by a number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP loses write permissions

Hi Guys, i have learned today that when you ftp a file with full write permissions (777) to another destination it loses the w options. so a file that was once -rwxrwxrwx(before FTP) is now -rw-r--r-- (after FTP). why does this happen? and is it configurable? Regards, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
8 Replies
RPLAY.HOSTS(5)							File Formats Manual						    RPLAY.HOSTS(5)

NAME
rplay.hosts - rplay host authentication database SYNOPSIS
/usr/local/etc/rplay.hosts DESCRIPTION
The rplay.hosts file contains a list of hosts and access permissions which rplayd uses to validate incoming connections. Each line is of the form: hostname[:permission] where hostname is the name of a remote host or a host's IP address. Wildcards can be used within IP addresses to match multiple hosts. The wildcard character is "*". permission is an optional field containing any combination of the following characters: r the host can read sounds. w the host can write sounds. x the host can play, stop, pause, and continue sounds. This is normally called execute permission. m the host can monitor the audio stream written by rplayd to the audio device. "rx" permissions are used when no permissions are specified. EXAMPLE
# # All hosts have read access: # *:r # # Trusted hosts: # nice-guy.sdsu.edu:rwx friend.sdsu.edu:rwx amigo.sdsu.edu:rwx 130.191.224.224:rwx # # Hosts which can read and execute: # foo.bar.com:rx 130.190.*:rx 146.244.234.*:rx using.default.perms.edu # # Hosts which can monitor the audio stream # nsa.sdsu.edu:m FILES
/usr/local/etc/rplay.hosts SEE ALSO
rplayd(1) BUGS
The permissions for an "*" entry apply to all matching hosts. The order of this file does not matter. Specific hosts can have access dis- abled with entries like: bad.guy.edu: however, any matching "*" entries will still apply. 12/21/97 RPLAY.HOSTS(5)