Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: character I/O basics
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers character I/O basics Post 43306 by starless on Friday 14th of November 2003 04:00:21 PM
Old 11-14-2003
test_app only uses "cin" for user input. It has not been written to be used with a file at first, I want to use a file to automate user input for testing purposes. It is intented to test the communication with a serial device. It has not been written to use the tty interface. Unfortunately, I don't know what this means.
"Going too fast" means that I want to simulate user input, so I don't want test_app to grab characters from input.txt at a very high rate. Instead, I want to feed it with characters at a fixed rate, say 1 sec.
Hope this helps helping me!
TY!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Basics

Hey, you said this forum was for Dummies, so don't blame me for the following! :D My whole "web building" life, I've had my sites hosted in one for or another. Lately, I've gotten into PHP and MySQL and, of course, those are also hosted for me. But lately, I've been thinking of using PHP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cap97
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation basics

hello, Im new to this Os. so, can i get any information'bout installation basics of unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhijit Bhatt
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

SAN basics

Hi I like to learn and practice SAN, iSCSI. Could you sugges the appropriate tutorial and small tasks to practice SAN. Thankyou (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingskar
1 Replies

4. AIX

DB2 basics

Dear friends I am going to study DB2 and i dont have any experience with any DB's.. Please provide me with some links or pdf's for DB2 starters. any advice will be very usefull (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk basics

Hi, Please tell me where can I get started with awk..like the basics and the whole awk stuff. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command basics???

how do i use the ls command with a single argument to list all files whose names end with the letter 'r'? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilbo4231
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies
SBNI(4) 						 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						   SBNI(4)

NAME
sbni -- Granch SBNI12 leased line modem driver SYNOPSIS
device sbni DESCRIPTION
The sbni driver provides support for leased line modems of following models: o SBNI12-02, SBNI12D-02 o SBNI12-04, SBNI12D-04 o SBNI12-05, SBNI12D-05, ISA and PCI o SBNI12-10, SBNI12D-10, ISA and PCI and a kit for data link over a voice band: o SBNI12-11, SBNI12D-11, ISA and PCI. In addition to the standard port and IRQ specifications, the sbni driver also supports a number of flags which can set baud rate, receive level, and low three bytes of Ethernet MAC-address (high three are always 00:ff:01), because Granch modems are presented to the system as Ethernet-like network cards. The high byte of the flags is a bit field, it is used to specify SBNI adapter receive level/baud rate: Bits 0-3: receive level (0x00..0x0f) Bits 4-5: baud rate number: 00 - 0 baud rate (2Mb in fast mode/500kb in slow) 01 - 1 baud rate (1Mb/250kb) 10 - 2 baud rate (500kb/125kb) 11 - 3 baud rate (250kb/62.5kb) Bit 6: use fixed receive level if bit 6 is set then receive level will be set according to bits 0-3 value, otherwise receive level will be autodetected Bit 7: use fixed baud rate if bit 7 is set then baud rate will be set according to bits 4-5 value, otherwise baud rate is set to 2Mb FILES
The sources for the driver reside in: /sys/dev/sbni/if_sbni.c /sys/dev/sbni/if_sbnireg.h /sys/dev/sbni/if_sbnivar.h SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The sbni device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.6. AUTHORS
The sbni device driver for FreeBSD 4.x was written by Denis I. Timofeev, partially based on David Greenman's ed(4) driver. Earlier versions (available on ftp.granch.com) were written by Alexey V. Zverev. SBNI12 hardware was designed by Alexey V. Chirkov. BSD
January 8, 2002 BSD