Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix login session and Password Post 43264 by jsilva on Friday 14th of November 2003 04:44:25 AM
Old 11-14-2003
Hi,

If the policy of that system is that the old password is required to change, you can't do anything as a normal user... If you're super user, you can change that policy.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login session

Having a problem on AIX 4.3.3 with the following error when more than 2 users try and sign onto the server. 3004-312 All available login sessions are in use. ???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with any free unix machine login password

Hi Can any one help me with unix box user name and password. I tried several free sites which provide free unix login, but there I can't use ksh. Thanks:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
5 Replies

4. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

5. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record login session...

How to record my login session in a file named session.lst? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anupdas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining if session is a login session

Besides 'who am i' and 'tty' what commands could be used to determine if a session is interactive as compared to a web process or cron process. Any command should work with the common unix variants. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login and logout time of a session

Hi, How can I find out the login and logout time of the old UNIX session/user?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies
kpasswd(1)							   User Commands							kpasswd(1)

NAME
kpasswd - change a user's Kerberos password SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/kpasswd [principal] DESCRIPTION
The kpasswd command is used to change a Kerberos principal's password. kpasswd prompts for the current Kerberos password, which is used to obtain a changepw ticket from the KDC for the user's Kerberos realm. If kpasswd successfully obtains the changepw ticket, the user is prompted twice for the new password, and the password is changed. If the principal is governed by a policy that specifies the length and/or number of character classes required in the new password, the new password must conform to the policy. (The five character classes are lower case, upper case, numbers, punctuation, and all other charac- ters.) OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: principal Change the password for the Kerberos principal principal. Otherwise, the principal is derived from the identity of the user invoking the kpasswd command. FILES
/tmp/ovsec_adm.xxxxxx Temporary credentials cache for the lifetime of the password changing operation. (xxxxxx is a random string.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkrbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
SEAM(5) BUGS
If kpasswd is suspended, the changepw tickets may not be destroyed. SunOS 5.10 30 Jul 2001 kpasswd(1)