Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: character I/O basics
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers character I/O basics Post 43244 by TRUEST on Thursday 13th of November 2003 08:49:15 PM
Old 11-13-2003
its been a long time since i done this but think this may work in the script.

test_app < input.txt
read $variable

i dont know, you get the idea right?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Basics

Hey, you said this forum was for Dummies, so don't blame me for the following! :D My whole "web building" life, I've had my sites hosted in one for or another. Lately, I've gotten into PHP and MySQL and, of course, those are also hosted for me. But lately, I've been thinking of using PHP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cap97
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation basics

hello, Im new to this Os. so, can i get any information'bout installation basics of unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhijit Bhatt
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

SAN basics

Hi I like to learn and practice SAN, iSCSI. Could you sugges the appropriate tutorial and small tasks to practice SAN. Thankyou (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingskar
1 Replies

4. AIX

DB2 basics

Dear friends I am going to study DB2 and i dont have any experience with any DB's.. Please provide me with some links or pdf's for DB2 starters. any advice will be very usefull (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk basics

Hi, Please tell me where can I get started with awk..like the basics and the whole awk stuff. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command basics???

how do i use the ls command with a single argument to list all files whose names end with the letter 'r'? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilbo4231
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies
GENCFU(1)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual							 GENCFU(1)

NAME
gencfu - Generates Unicode Confusable data files SYNOPSIS
gencfu [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -V, --version ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] [ -i, --icudatadir direc- tory ] -r, --rules rule-file -w, --wsrules whole-script-rule-file -o, --out output-file DESCRIPTION
gencfu reads confusable character definitions in the input file, which are plain text files containing confusable character definitions in the input format defined by Unicode UAX39 for the files confusables.txt and confusablesWholeScript.txt. This source (.txt) format is also accepted by ICU spoof detectors. The files must be encoded in utf-8 format, with or without a BOM. Normally the output data file has the .cfu extension. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -V, --version Print the version of gencfu and exit. -c, --copyright Embeds the standard ICU copyright into the output-file. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory of the output-file to destination. -i, --icudatadir directory Look for any necessary ICU data files in directory. For example, the file pnames.icu must be located when ICU's data is not built as a shared library. The default ICU data directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. Most configurations of ICU do not require this argument. -r, --rules rule-file The source file to read. -w, --wsrules whole-script-rule-file The whole script source file to read. -o, --out output-file The output data file to write. VERSION
1.0 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 International Business Machines Corporation and others ICU MANPAGE
24 May 2009 GENCFU(1)