Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: character I/O basics
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers character I/O basics Post 43244 by TRUEST on Thursday 13th of November 2003 08:49:15 PM
Old 11-13-2003
its been a long time since i done this but think this may work in the script.

test_app < input.txt
read $variable

i dont know, you get the idea right?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Basics

Hey, you said this forum was for Dummies, so don't blame me for the following! :D My whole "web building" life, I've had my sites hosted in one for or another. Lately, I've gotten into PHP and MySQL and, of course, those are also hosted for me. But lately, I've been thinking of using PHP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cap97
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation basics

hello, Im new to this Os. so, can i get any information'bout installation basics of unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhijit Bhatt
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

SAN basics

Hi I like to learn and practice SAN, iSCSI. Could you sugges the appropriate tutorial and small tasks to practice SAN. Thankyou (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingskar
1 Replies

4. AIX

DB2 basics

Dear friends I am going to study DB2 and i dont have any experience with any DB's.. Please provide me with some links or pdf's for DB2 starters. any advice will be very usefull (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk basics

Hi, Please tell me where can I get started with awk..like the basics and the whole awk stuff. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command basics???

how do i use the ls command with a single argument to list all files whose names end with the letter 'r'? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilbo4231
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies
dlb(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    dlb(7)

NAME
dlb, dlpi - STREAMS pseudodevice driver for bridging BSD Drivers to STREAMS SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/dlpihdr.h> #include <fcntl.h> fd = open ("/dev/streams/dlb", O_RDWR, 0); DESCRIPTION
The dlb STREAMS pseudodevice driver provides a communication path between BSD-style device drivers and STREAMS protocol stacks. The dlb STREAMS pseudodevice driver is the Stream end in a Stream that communicates with BSD-based device drivers. When the /dev/streams/dlb character device is open, a Stream is constructed between a Stream head and the dlb pseudodevice driver. After the Stream that is intended to communicate with the BSD-based driver or drivers is created, the protocol module or modules can be pushed onto it. Tru64 UNIX supports a subset of the Data Link Provider Interface (DLPI) connectionless mode of communication. The attach DLPI primitive is required to associate a particular physical point of attachment (PPA) with a Stream in Tru64 UNIX's implementation of the style 2 provider. On the write side, the dlb pseudodevice driver translates connectionless style 2 DLPI messages to the appropriate BSD ifnet interface mes- sages. On the read side, the user-bound Service Access Point (SAP) messages received from a selected PPA over BSD based driver or drivers are sent upstream. RELATED INFORMATION
Network Programmer's Guide specification in /usr/share/doclib/dlpi/dlpi.ps delim off dlb(7)