Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions 1.44mb disk formated = 1.38mb left?? Post 43007 by norsk hedensk on Sunday 9th of November 2003 04:50:04 PM
Old 11-09-2003
do you have a cd burner? can you system boot from cd? if so then you can just burn the boot image and do the ftp install that way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Disk Formated with NTFS

HI All, My pc has two disks, One disk loaded with windows NT 2000 and redhat linux 7.2 dual boot. Another disk 80GB added and formated with NTFS file system. How to access the 80GB NTFS file system disk by booting linux os. Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much disk space left?

Hi, I need to allocate some space to a particular filesystem. I am Unix newbie ... please tell me how to find out how much disk space I have on a disk. I use df -b to check kb free on the filesystems. Then I thought I would use pvdisplay -v /dev/dsk/c5t2d6 but I couldn't work out how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what left of the pattern

I have a script which loop through a directory then report any file matches the given pattern, say, the pattern is "a2006", this file would be returned a20061101.txt I would like to know how can I get the remaining of the filename, so a20061101txt - a2006 = 1101.txt Can anybody help? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing tab-formated output of command w/bash

I have a command that when ran it will have an output such as string LongerString string2 longerString2 More MoreStrings seperated by tabs. The command lists domains and their accounts set up in my server admin software (interworx). The end result will be that it will run rsync for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweede
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find a formated o/p

hi i have a file which is having a.txt name aaa work business emp since 2oct office delhi name aba work business emp since 6oct name abc work shopper emp since ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a formated text file

Hi, I have written a BASH shell script (included below) which will allow me to monitor my blood pressure. The script computes the mean of 5 user input systolic, diastolic, and heart rate values. I would like the script to then append these three values to their respective columns in a text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Space left On Device

Hi, We are trying to sort the 40GB file in unix and getting following error. Error: sort: can't write /var/tmp/stmAAAvsaGfJ.00002929: No space left on device sort -t ',' -k4 $DIR/INF_ff_FULL.dat >>$DIR/Sort_INF_ff_FULL.dat; 2>$DIR/sort_error.log Can you please advise how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recover a mistaken swap-formated USB-HD

Hi! Installing the debian wheezy by netinstall my external USB-HD (2TB) is erroneously completly formated as swap-filesystem. I was to lazy to disconnect the USB-HD, so now i could kick myself . Is there any chance to rescue the data. I tried to find a way by using gparted: the whole HD is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count from where it left??

i have this code num=1 dat10=`date "+%m/%d/%Y" -d "+10 days"` dat=`date "+%m/%d/%Y"` set -x grep "text=.&" /root/Softwares/apache-tomcat-5.5.30/logs/catalina.out|awk -F"from=" '{print $2}'|awk -F"opid" '{print $1}'|sort|uniq > pnos while read line do psql -U poss -d emsver -c "insert into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

10. AIX

How much resources is left on the P7?

I know that it is possible to login into the HMC console and view all the specs like, how much CPU/RAM every LPAR has. But how can I check how much the whole P7 has in total and how much is left to creat a new LPAR:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
5 Replies
FDWRITE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						FDWRITE(1)

NAME
fdwrite -- format and write floppy disks SYNOPSIS
fdwrite [-v] [-y] [-f inputfile] [-d device] DESCRIPTION
The fdwrite utility formats and writes one and more floppy disks. Any floppy disk device capable of formatting can be used. The fdwrite utility will ask the user (on /dev/tty) to insert a new floppy and press return. The device will then be opened, and queried for its parameters, then each track will be formatted, written with data from the inputfile, read back and compared. When the floppy disk is filled, the process is repeated, with the next disk. This continues until the program is interrupted or EOF is encountered on the inputfile. The options are as follows: -v Toggle verbosity on stdout. Default is ``on''. After device is opened first time the format will be printed. During operation progress will be reported with the number of tracks remaining on the current floppy disk, and the letters I, Z, F, W, R and C, which indicates completion of Input, Zero-fill, Format Write, Read and Compare of current track respec- tively. -y Do not ask for presence of a floppy disk in the drive. This non-interactive flag is useful for shell scripts. -f inputfile Input file to read. If none is given, stdin is assumed. -d device The name of the floppy device to write to. Default is /dev/fd0. The fdwrite utility actually closes the device while it waits for the user to press return, it is thus quite possible to use the drive for other purposes at this time and later resume writing with the next floppy. The parameters returned from device are used for formatting. If custom formatting is needed, please use fdformat(1) instead. EXAMPLES
The fdwrite utility was planned as a tool to make life easier when writing a set of floppies, one such use could be to write a tar-archive: tar cf -. | gzip -9 | fdwrite -d /dev/fd0.1720 -v The main difference from using tar(1)'s multivolume facility is of course the formatting of the floppies, which here is done on the fly, thus reducing the amount of work for the floppy-jockey. SEE ALSO
fdformat(1) HISTORY
The fdwrite utility was written while waiting for ``make world'' to complete. Some of the code was taken from fdformat(1). AUTHORS
The program has been contributed by Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Diagnostics are less than complete at present. If a floppy is sick, and the inputfile is seekable, it should ask the user to frisbee the disk, insert another, and rewind to the right spot and continue. This concept could be extended to cover non-seekable input also by employing a temporary file. An option (defaulting to zero) should allow the user to ask for retries in case of failure. At present a suitable tool for reading back a multivolume set of floppies is missing. Programs like tar(1) for instance, will do the job, if the data has not been compressed. One can always trust dd(1) to help out in this situation of course. BSD
September 16, 1993 BSD