Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions 1.44mb disk formated = 1.38mb left?? Post 43007 by norsk hedensk on Sunday 9th of November 2003 04:50:04 PM
Old 11-09-2003
do you have a cd burner? can you system boot from cd? if so then you can just burn the boot image and do the ftp install that way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Disk Formated with NTFS

HI All, My pc has two disks, One disk loaded with windows NT 2000 and redhat linux 7.2 dual boot. Another disk 80GB added and formated with NTFS file system. How to access the 80GB NTFS file system disk by booting linux os. Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much disk space left?

Hi, I need to allocate some space to a particular filesystem. I am Unix newbie ... please tell me how to find out how much disk space I have on a disk. I use df -b to check kb free on the filesystems. Then I thought I would use pvdisplay -v /dev/dsk/c5t2d6 but I couldn't work out how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what left of the pattern

I have a script which loop through a directory then report any file matches the given pattern, say, the pattern is "a2006", this file would be returned a20061101.txt I would like to know how can I get the remaining of the filename, so a20061101txt - a2006 = 1101.txt Can anybody help? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing tab-formated output of command w/bash

I have a command that when ran it will have an output such as string LongerString string2 longerString2 More MoreStrings seperated by tabs. The command lists domains and their accounts set up in my server admin software (interworx). The end result will be that it will run rsync for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweede
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find a formated o/p

hi i have a file which is having a.txt name aaa work business emp since 2oct office delhi name aba work business emp since 6oct name abc work shopper emp since ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a formated text file

Hi, I have written a BASH shell script (included below) which will allow me to monitor my blood pressure. The script computes the mean of 5 user input systolic, diastolic, and heart rate values. I would like the script to then append these three values to their respective columns in a text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Space left On Device

Hi, We are trying to sort the 40GB file in unix and getting following error. Error: sort: can't write /var/tmp/stmAAAvsaGfJ.00002929: No space left on device sort -t ',' -k4 $DIR/INF_ff_FULL.dat >>$DIR/Sort_INF_ff_FULL.dat; 2>$DIR/sort_error.log Can you please advise how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recover a mistaken swap-formated USB-HD

Hi! Installing the debian wheezy by netinstall my external USB-HD (2TB) is erroneously completly formated as swap-filesystem. I was to lazy to disconnect the USB-HD, so now i could kick myself . Is there any chance to rescue the data. I tried to find a way by using gparted: the whole HD is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count from where it left??

i have this code num=1 dat10=`date "+%m/%d/%Y" -d "+10 days"` dat=`date "+%m/%d/%Y"` set -x grep "text=.&" /root/Softwares/apache-tomcat-5.5.30/logs/catalina.out|awk -F"from=" '{print $2}'|awk -F"opid" '{print $1}'|sort|uniq > pnos while read line do psql -U poss -d emsver -c "insert into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

10. AIX

How much resources is left on the P7?

I know that it is possible to login into the HMC console and view all the specs like, how much CPU/RAM every LPAR has. But how can I check how much the whole P7 has in total and how much is left to creat a new LPAR:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
5 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. An executable should return 0 on success. It may also return 77 to cause the whole operation to terminate (executables later in lexical order will be skipped). COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ KERNEL-IMAGE The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release or /usr/lib/os-release (if the former is missing), or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns 0 or 77, 0 is returned, and a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 237 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)