Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions 1.44mb disk formated = 1.38mb left?? Post 43004 by Perderabo on Sunday 9th of November 2003 01:57:43 PM
Old 11-09-2003
(At last! A use for my floppy drive!)

I formatted a floppy and while I get 1.38 MB free, that is 1,457,664 bytes. Are you sure that there is a problem?

I was able to nudge the free space a little higher with:

format A: /Q /A:2048

That gives me: 1,462,272 bytes or 1.39 MB.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Disk Formated with NTFS

HI All, My pc has two disks, One disk loaded with windows NT 2000 and redhat linux 7.2 dual boot. Another disk 80GB added and formated with NTFS file system. How to access the 80GB NTFS file system disk by booting linux os. Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much disk space left?

Hi, I need to allocate some space to a particular filesystem. I am Unix newbie ... please tell me how to find out how much disk space I have on a disk. I use df -b to check kb free on the filesystems. Then I thought I would use pvdisplay -v /dev/dsk/c5t2d6 but I couldn't work out how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what left of the pattern

I have a script which loop through a directory then report any file matches the given pattern, say, the pattern is "a2006", this file would be returned a20061101.txt I would like to know how can I get the remaining of the filename, so a20061101txt - a2006 = 1101.txt Can anybody help? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing tab-formated output of command w/bash

I have a command that when ran it will have an output such as string LongerString string2 longerString2 More MoreStrings seperated by tabs. The command lists domains and their accounts set up in my server admin software (interworx). The end result will be that it will run rsync for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweede
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find a formated o/p

hi i have a file which is having a.txt name aaa work business emp since 2oct office delhi name aba work business emp since 6oct name abc work shopper emp since ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a formated text file

Hi, I have written a BASH shell script (included below) which will allow me to monitor my blood pressure. The script computes the mean of 5 user input systolic, diastolic, and heart rate values. I would like the script to then append these three values to their respective columns in a text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Space left On Device

Hi, We are trying to sort the 40GB file in unix and getting following error. Error: sort: can't write /var/tmp/stmAAAvsaGfJ.00002929: No space left on device sort -t ',' -k4 $DIR/INF_ff_FULL.dat >>$DIR/Sort_INF_ff_FULL.dat; 2>$DIR/sort_error.log Can you please advise how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recover a mistaken swap-formated USB-HD

Hi! Installing the debian wheezy by netinstall my external USB-HD (2TB) is erroneously completly formated as swap-filesystem. I was to lazy to disconnect the USB-HD, so now i could kick myself . Is there any chance to rescue the data. I tried to find a way by using gparted: the whole HD is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count from where it left??

i have this code num=1 dat10=`date "+%m/%d/%Y" -d "+10 days"` dat=`date "+%m/%d/%Y"` set -x grep "text=.&" /root/Softwares/apache-tomcat-5.5.30/logs/catalina.out|awk -F"from=" '{print $2}'|awk -F"opid" '{print $1}'|sort|uniq > pnos while read line do psql -U poss -d emsver -c "insert into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

10. AIX

How much resources is left on the P7?

I know that it is possible to login into the HMC console and view all the specs like, how much CPU/RAM every LPAR has. But how can I check how much the whole P7 has in total and how much is left to creat a new LPAR:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
5 Replies
volcheck(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       volcheck(1)

NAME
volcheck - checks for media in a drive and by default checks all floppy media SYNOPSIS
volcheck [-v] [-i secs] [-t secs] pathname DESCRIPTION
The volcheck utility tells Volume Management to look at each dev/pathname in sequence and determine if new media has been inserted in the drive. The default action is to volcheck all checkable media managed by volume management. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i secs Set the frequency of device checking to secs seconds. The default is 2 seconds. The minimum frequency is 1 second. -t secs Check the named device(s) for the next secs seconds. The maximum number of seconds allowed is 28800, which is 8 hours. The fre- quency of checking is specified by -i. There is no default total time. -v Verbose. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pathname The path name of a media device. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample of the volcheck command. The following example example% volcheck -v /dev/diskette /dev/diskette has media asks Volume Management to examine the floppy drive for new media. The following example example% volcheck -i 2 -t 600 /dev/diskette1 & asks Volume Management if there is a floppy in the floppy drive every 2 seconds for 600 seconds (10 minutes). FILES
/dev/volctl Volume Management control port ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
eject(1), volcancel(1), volmissing(1) rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) WARNINGS
Due to a hardware limitation in many floppy drives, the act of checking for media causes mechanical action in the floppy drive. Continu- ous polling of the floppy drive will cause the drive to wear out. It is recommended that polling the drive only be performed during periods of high use. SunOS 5.10 21 Feb 1997 volcheck(1)